You might like this...

Silver Contributor

Canary just updated, again.  Each time, I yearn to have the content listed.  I yearn to know what comprised the Update.  But, that's not why we are here nor is this about Edge.  I just feel like sharing it with you, anyway.  That said...

An ALL Apps window:

Wait for it... this can be configured & display however you set it & however you like & prefer it to be. Ideally, pin to the taskbar & have it show on all desktops.  All apps at one glance, nothing inside a folder, no searching, just know the alphabet ;). This is, in a sense, instead of looking in Start for something.

This is not a 3rd party offering.  It takes 2 seconds to have it in place.  Understand, this ⬇ is only an example; 'style' can be set to your choosing.  It is nothing more than an(other) explorer window.  Ergo, can size & position it, too, of course.

I'm not 'pushing' it on anyone. But, for years, clients & others to whom I have shown it have thought it very cool.  Personally, I, really, appreciate it.  I have used it & talked about it since mid Windows 7, if I recall rightly.  Maybe, you will give it a go for yourself.  I just make Folks aware of something & after that, que sera sera :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:  So, here it is... (drum roll, please :drum:...)

Apps.jpg

And a wee tidbit that, probably everybody, already, knows :smirking_face: Ctrl+T opens New tab (page).

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

3 Replies
Thank you Drew for this mock-up. I have forwarded this thread on to our Windows partners, so that they are aware of it.

@Elliot Kirk 

Elliot,

It's a window snip of the Applications window & I use constantly & have for years.  As well, put in clients' machines & have made others aware of it for years.  Would you like the instructions for creating it?  Right now, it's done as a (New) desktop shortcut & you go from there.  I have suggested in the past, MS could making having it, even, easier/slicker, I'm sure. 

And that's cool that you've passed it where you saw fit :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

I yearn to know what comprised the Update. 

One important thing to understand is just how many different changes go into every single update. For instance, here's a list of 397 changes from one single day-to-day update of Canary and that doesn't even include those Edge team's changes that weren't upstreamed in the Chromium platform.