You have a Right (click) to know!

Silver Contributor

Maybe, everybody , already, knows this, have, already, discovered it.  I find it useful, sometimes & others may, also. It does not exist in Edge, ONLY in Edge C. Right click on any (web)page and this ⬇ menu avails itself to you.  (although, certainly, the K/B shortcuts can be used instead & without it)  

NB: The exact content of this menu can vary some depending on the particular page, but Rt Clk will give a (similar) menu OR different items will be faded depending on whether they apply to a particular page, you will have a menu via Rt Clk; a menu Edge does not show.  Rt Clk in Edge, won't see it, don't have it.  It's an Edge C thing, it seems.

RCM.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

4 Replies
I am very keen on adding a start button (homepage) to this menu, it will be useful for people with a touch screen, so that they will not have to close and open the full screen every time. If it was this function in this menu, it would allow to quickly call a page with a text field.

@Drew1903   "It does not exist in EdgeONLY in Edge C."

Just about every browser has "right-click-on-page" functionality.  Even EdgeHTML pops up a menu, but it is truncated (Select All, Print, Read Aloud), presumably by design. 

Most other browsers, though, have more extensive menu options.   For example:

EDGE-FF-RIGHT-CLICK.jpg

EdgeHTML is the outlier in this respect.  I don't know why Microsoft chose to limit EdgeHTML's right-click-on-page functionality so severely, and I'm glad to see more options in Edge Chromium.

@Mia67 

Hi Mia,

Whilst that may be a great idea/suggestion... the or a Homepage 'button' (icon) can be put on the browser toolbar.  Never mind any other time, this handy when in reading view as one can use it to go back to the Home page (where the article came from) rather than, back to the article one just read.

HPB.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg