Yellow folders are back!!

Silver Contributor

First thing that hit me as Version 80.0.359.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) the latest  update was starting...  Yeah! Yellow folder icons are back.. NOW they look like folders... Thank You!

Annotation 2019-12-10 143915.jpg

Now if you could only fix them so we can have them to only show the icon without the name, this would be PERFECT!!

Dennis5mile

27 Replies

@Mark Nolte Agreed, big step backward. There's so much visual clutter on our screens. The simple outline of the folder was perfect.

I hope they are.
My reason is actually very valid.
Yellow is the worst color for getting burn-ins on an OLED screen.
I use my HTPC on a LG OLED C8 in my living room.
I have to use Firefox or Opera just because we can't choose folder colors in either Edge or Google Chrome.
I actually got a new panel on my LG C7 OLED (now standing in my bedroom :) ), because the yellow folders in the bookmark bar created a bad burn-in...
Hmm, so that monitor couldn't show a few yellow colors? maybe it was a problem with that hardware.
I play lots of games on my PC thus i see a lot of colors, many of them yellow, none of them burn my pixels or monitors. in your case i think it was just a bad hardware and not a problem of a browser.

@HotCakeX 
It's not a monitor. Both my LG C7 and C8 are 65" OLED tv's. 
They are prone to burn-ins, and yellow is the worst color. 
When using a HTPC in the living room, with such yellow bookmark folders, you get small squared burn-ins after a while of surfing with Edge (and Chrome as well)

@BigZ12 

Spoiler

@BigZ12 wrote:

@HotCakeX 
It's not a monitor. Both my LG C7 and C8 are 65" OLED tv's. 
They are prone to burn-ins, and yellow is the worst color. 
When using a HTPC in the living room, with such yellow bookmark folders, you get small squared burn-ins after a while of surfing with Edge (and Chrome as well)

But it is extremely unlikely..I don't know what is going on in your setup and hardware but like I said I play lots of games, use colorful backgrounds, even right now half of my desktop background consists on yellow color. been having my monitor for +10 years, not a single burnt pixel on it.

that's why having yellow bookmark/favorite icons shouldn't have that much effects on monitor pixels..that just doesn't make sense..my monitor is also from LG.

sir Please answer why folder is always in yellow colour @Dennis5mile 

Because Edge developers made it that way.
uumm, and you are asking me this because?

Dennis5mile