SOLVED

Yellow Favorites Folders?!

Brass Contributor

Hey! Who made the nice classy monochrome favourites folders yellow?!! I know this is a bit of a 'who moved my cheese' whine, but the monochrome folders were so much nicer don't you think?

7 Replies
best response confirmed by ex-jedi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @ex-jedi, we have received a bunch of feedback that the monochrome icons were too similar, and didn't stand out enough.  We are still taking feedback though.  Let us have it!

Thanks - Elliot

Sure thing. It's just a personal taste thing for me, I like it when the folders and bookmarks don't stand out too much.

How much of the UI is going to be available for users to change to individual preferences? Are themes coming to Edge at some point?

Thanks Elliot.
Looks like the monochrome folders are back?
I agree with the OP, we need some colors on the favorites folders. I submitted feedback on this as well.
Yellow please.

@Elliot Kirk

Is this discussion just for the Favorites folder properties?  What about the Folder properties on the Bookmarks bar?  Is there any way to change these?  The plain "undifferentiated" icon just doesn't cut it for me.  At least make the default color yellow similar to the way the Brave browser does it. 

@Elliot Kirk 
Talk about commenting on an old thread, but... :smile:
I still don't use Edge (and Chrome) just because of the yellow favorites folders.
Why? Because I use an Oled display, and the yellow folders make burn ins  on the display/tv (LG OLED) 
I have experiences with this, because Chrome ruined my LG OLED C7 65" in my living room... 
A lot of small black squares on top of the screen :(
The yellow color is the worst color for burn ins.
So I still have to use Opera or Firefox. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ex-jedi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @ex-jedi, we have received a bunch of feedback that the monochrome icons were too similar, and didn't stand out enough.  We are still taking feedback though.  Let us have it!

Thanks - Elliot

View solution in original post