Windows Security popup does not go away with This request comes from Msedge, published by Microsoft

Copper Contributor

Windows Security popup does not go away with This request comes from Msedge, published by Microsoft Corporation
PIN
more choices
PIN
Security Key

have been having an issue where Windows Security asks for PIN repeatedly. I know the correct PIN is entered. I ultimately have to kill the Edge tasks via Task Manager, but the window does not go away ever. Sometimes if I open the browser again, I get a Get() vs. Out () error, obviously the security window is out of sync. When that happens I enable details and repeat the problem. I have tried this on GA, Beta, Dev and Canary versions. It happens in all.

Microsoft Edge is up to date. (for all builds)

Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit)
Version 80.0.361.40 (Official build) beta (64-bit)

Version 81.0.396.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
Version 81.0.406.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Any advice on what I can capture from my end to help? Interesting note, I am trying to help while on the Xbox Ambassadors' Team with the same occurring problem in Xbox (beta). Both of us have used the new windows troubleshooting app and reset the store. Also we have cleared cache, cookies and even history, autofill.

2 Replies

@PhilipE3  

I think this may be a windows bug, but I'm not sure. If you can access the feedback button, I would record your problem(along with a screen recording at the same time) and send the error info to the edge team(@Elliot Kirk @MissyQ @Deleted). If you don't know how to do this let me know, and I'll send you a vid of how.

@PhilipE3 Thanks for letting us know. Yes, please submit feedback through the browser if possible! And can you confirm which version of Windows you're on and the specs for your machine? And has this happened on any other devices (if you have access to several?)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge