Windows Mail links opening in Edge, not Beta

Copper Contributor

Is there a way to configure Windows Mail to open links in Edge Beta, not Edge?

It took me a while to notice this behavior (realizing I was in Edge, not Beta) and it stemmed from opening links in Windows Mail opening Edge, thus running two windows/apps at the same time.

This now explains why my Favorites items are completely different on the two platforms, or conversely why I kept feeling My Favorites were "missing".  As I use Edge (Beta?) on my iOS devices, I now see Favorites are syncing [properly - thank you!!] with Beta on my Windows machine.

Any advice on correcting this appreciated.

Microsoft Edge is up to date.Version 81.0.416.12 (Official build) beta (64-bit)

3 Replies
I solved - by selecting Beta as the default App to open.

So, a general thumbs up to the improvements being made through the Beta project.
Yeah basically default app settings are in Windows 10 settings -> Apps -> Default apps.
or you can just open settings and type things like "default" or "default apps" and you will be taken there. no need to remember anything :)

Are there settings/options for Continue on PC to decide which browser opens?  I have changed setting to open Edge Beta, however Continue on PC opens Internet Explorer.

I am performing this from an iOS device.  Internet Explorer opens from both Safari & Windows Edge apps.

Thanks!