Windows Integrated Authentication - Not Working - Canary & Dev

Steel Contributor

We use Windows Authentication for both our production and dev sites. Edge (Chromium) has worked with both of these until yesterday. We are currently on 79.0.307.0 and now we have to log in manually, rather than automatically being logged in with our Windows credentials.

clipboard_image_0.png

36 Replies
Edge insider at its current state is constantly changing, flags specially, are being added/removed in every few builds.
I think if there is a problem of that much importance, it must be fixed by default rather than by a flag.
The flag is simply a workaround for a bug. It turns off a new feature which clearly isn't quite ready yet.
Thanks for clarifying :)
Hi HotCakeX, where can I find these "Experiments" settings ? As I cannot find them. I have release 79.0.309.18 and I have same issue

@edumap 

Actually, I'm on 80.0.331.0 and now the flag is removed.

@eocula 

@eocula wrote:
Hi HotCakeX, where can I find these "Experiments" settings ? As I cannot find them. I have release 79.0.309.18 and I have same issue

Hi,

which one you're looking for exactly?

@HotCakeX  @eocula 

This one:

"Sign in to intranet websites with your profile"

But I haven't seen that flag available for several versions.

Maybe they removed it because it's implemented by default in the browser? or maybe Chromium is to blame, again
Yeah, this one was removed shortly after it appeared. Our browser identity team continues to iterate here to find the best design.

Still no resolution to this problem? It seems that it still doesn't work in Edge 80.0.361.62!

@Babylon6 seems worse now - used to work in InPrivate but not any more :(
I've tried Stable, Beta, Dev, same result.

@Alexandre Cop : Can you please share specific details of what exactly you're encountering, and in which version(s) of Microsoft Edge (see edge://version)?

Screenshots may help.

thanks!

@Eric_Lawrence I just figured out this afternoon that it was broken for me in due to the authentication scheme GPO in the Edge security baseline! It is set to ntlm and negotiate, but it turns out the intranet sites I was testing needed basic, so I corrected that in my baseline Edge GPO.

@Alexandre Cop @Eric_Lawrence Having similar problem here - Edge 80.0.361.66 - cannot save password when authenticating to Azure DevOps Server 2019. Works fine in Chrome if site is added to "intranet sites" in Internet Options.

This is a blocking issue for me; cannot switch to MS Edge with this problem occurring.

Hi @HotCakeX,

Thank you for the tip.

How would you go about deploying a change in experimental features to a group of people?

Just wondering.

BR,
Radko

I wouldn't use the current system of controlled feature rollouts. I mean, having 4 channels of Edge browser is already a form of controlled feature rollouts, because folks in Canary channel have access to features that folks in Dev channel don't. same thing applies to Beta and Stable channels as well.
so it doesn't make any sense to apply yet another control layer to people in the Same channel. which is what currently is happening.
even people using Canary channel don't have access to the same set of features. it causes confusion.