SOLVED

Windows 10 Share Feature

Brass Contributor

Where can I find the Windows 10 Share Feature that's now part of the Edge Chromium browser?
I'm looking in the Settings and More... section of both the Developer and Canary builds and I just don't see it.

Annotation 2019-09-25 094953.png

Additionally, why would it be in the Settings and More... section as opposed to beside the address bar?

5 Replies

@Eternal_Optimist Hi!

Yep, I had the same question b4. But now it is OK for me.

Regards,

Joshua

@Eternal_Optimist wrote:

Where can I find the Windows 10 Share Feature that's now part of the Edge Chromium browser?
I'm looking in the Settings and More... section of both the Developer and Canary builds and I just don't see it.

Annotation 2019-09-25 094953.png

Additionally, why would it be in the Settings and More... section as opposed to beside the address bar?

@Eternal_Optimist 

The "Share option for Version 79.0.285.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit), ) is shown in picture below and has been for some time now, but might be for a/b testing...

Share option.jpg

I do agree that it should be able to place it in the tools bar at top of browser...

Dennis5mile

best response confirmed by Eternal_Optimist (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Eternal_Optimist 

Hi,

its location is here:

fdsfsdfsdf.PNG

This is from Edge insider Version 79.0.285.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

if you don't have it, try restarting your browser twice. if you still don't have it, send a private message to @Elliot Kirk 

with this info:

1. your windows version

2. your Edge insider channel and version

3. your country/location

(he is a member of the Edge insider development team and previously mentioned that people that have problem seeing share button should contact him with those details)

@HotCakeX  I see it now. So it's only in the Canary build at this time. Thanks for your assistance.

You're welcome!
being part of the A/B test, some Dev channel users might have it as well but it's just random at this time.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eternal_Optimist (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Eternal_Optimist 

Hi,

its location is here:

fdsfsdfsdf.PNG

This is from Edge insider Version 79.0.285.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

if you don't have it, try restarting your browser twice. if you still don't have it, send a private message to @Elliot Kirk 

with this info:

1. your windows version

2. your Edge insider channel and version

3. your country/location

(he is a member of the Edge insider development team and previously mentioned that people that have problem seeing share button should contact him with those details)

View solution in original post