Will Edge C eventually adopt the original Edge's interface?

Copper Contributor

Anyone know if these interface features like the square design and the aero-like tab effects are going to be implemented later or have they been dropped.

cd1258a3155c5532a8ae66f334c3b146

4 Replies

@Y1234561595 

If enough people express interest in this feature suggestion, then it should be implemented. I will relay your suggestion to the product team.

Gabriel

I would like to second this move, I find it cleaner and that it fits the theme of Windows 10 very well.

@Y1234561595 I agree with you. Take the New Edge side by side with Google Chrome, I think it is already for a reasonable amount more like the Old Edge (square-wise), but I agree with you feature wise. The Old Edge has a drop down menu containing a screenshot of each tab and I think that would be really a must to implement, differing New Edge from Chrome. I would put the arrow on the left from the first tab though, instead of moving every time an extra tab appears. The set aside feature would also be handy, they should really do this.

They REALLY need to implement Fluent Design on Chromium Edge, this is a very important thing, specially considering how inconsistent Windows's design already is at following the Fluent Design system.