SOLVED

Why the Edge Beta is faster than Edge Canary in connection?

Brass Contributor

Last night, I installed Edge Canary. But I realized this is slower in connection!
P/s: The black tab is Edge Canary, and the white tab is Edge Beta.speed.pngspeed (2).png

12 Replies
best response confirmed by yellowdogvn (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Could be Debug Code bogging it down since its more a work in progress than the Beta.

@jh30uk  Thanks for your help!

@jh30uk 

I Really doubt that!
I've been using Canary since it was first launched, at the same time I kept comparing it to the stable versions of Google Chrome. never had connection speed issues.
in OP's picture, the connection speed is literally halved which is really strange. there must be something else wrong there...

if Canary had such a problem I wouldn't be able to use it. also Beta has the same diagnostics/debug/telemetry as Canary and Dev has.

I'm using windows 7 x64 and I don't think this is a problem. They're working on it, so it would be better in the future...
Sorry what don't you think is a problem? not sure what you're referring to

@HotCakeX I think in the Official version, they should fix this problem, i think.

By problem you're referring to the fact that Edge insider halves your Internet connection speed?
well as I mentioned before it's not really related to the browser. I'm using Edge insider Canary on different machines and none of them experience such a high connection speed drop, if they did I would have noticed it in the past 5 or 6 months. I've tested it a lot with other browsers too.

I'm sure something else is wrong on your system that is causing that much of a speed drop. definitely Not related to the debugging or anything like that.
So, what would i do? Install an antivirus or something?
Well if you haven't already then sure scanning your system with a good AV is always a good idea.
you can also try resetting Windows networks by running this command in an elevated command prompt: "netsh int ip reset"
you can also change your DNS settings to Google's or Cloudflare's.

@yellowdogvn I've been using Canary since the beginning of testing. I didn't notice any problems with the connection.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by yellowdogvn (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Could be Debug Code bogging it down since its more a work in progress than the Beta.

View solution in original post