Why is microsoft EDGE SO BAD.

Brass Contributor

It literally BEGS me for using it, Cant i deny/delete it? So safari is GREAT, CHROME IS GREAT, EVEN OPERA IS BETTER THAT EDGE. After every update- THE INTERFACE RESETS MY DEFAULT BROWSER TO MS EDGE. AND SAYS it Is the ''Recommended browser for Windows by Microsoft'' ABSOLUTE CRAP.

Why are you forcing me to USE IT? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

20 Replies
You have to let US THE CONSUMER Customize everything. LIKE WHAT ON EARTH?

@Mukund23821 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Tech Community!

So I don't know which version of Windows you are using but if you are using Windows 10, you can report this issue as a bug in the feedback hub app. You need to try to do this because I think the issue is on Windows' side rather than on Edge's side.

@Mukund23821 

Hello!

Windows behavior is correct!

Updates often make default settings intentionally!

You can change this after updating the Windows system!

I could similarly rate the browsers that you mentioned as useless - for me for many reasons, but these are my private ratings!

I would add that synchronization of microsoft account after the update is thanks to Edge, not by Safori, not by Chrome!

I would add that the new edge is a light browser with great parameters!

Good luck

@TheShaunSaw mate i have updated it a million times I dont think its a bug.

Mate, my concern is the UI Changing my settings everytime, I cant obviously update the settings all the time, And what do you mean by parameters? Scattered settings literally copying other browsers, and doesn't let me uninstall the thing? or well disable it. And the fact that I cant turn of the live news updates. ITS HARD TO FIND THE SETTINGS.

@Mukund23821 

Thank you for your reply!
now I know that you have a problem with personalization of edge settings!
It's really worth entering your own settings - which even after the update work well and are not changed automatically to the default!

Hey. all the settings in microsoft edge are very transparent and easy to find. Maybe you're not even trying to find and you want everything in front of your eyes automatically.
And I'm using Edge (the latest version in my time) and not facing any such issue where I update my browser and my settings go to defalut. So I can't help you with that.
You can try google chrome though, which by giving you a nice UI steals all your data (more than microsoft, we all know) and is slower than Edge (noticable if you have a slow internet) and eats up all your RAM.
It's totally up to you which you prefer.

@Mukund23821 
idk why it is so bad but it is so i am going to quit it and start using Brave which is actully good, so i would tell u too to switch to Brave it is good and iam not advertising. >:I

@Mukund23821 firefox can reverse engineer this

@Mukund23821You can use revo uninstaller to uninstall it: https://www.revouninstaller.com/start-freeware-download/

@Mukund23821 

Safari is ok, and so is Opera. But Chrome is not great. It was great when it was realeased and was great for about a couple of years. But Chrome is the worst browser in the world right now. It's like having a granny peeking through the curtains from the apartment across the street when you are taking a shower. Or like drinking milk that's gone off use-by-date with several weeks. Or like turning up to your doctors office because your sick, but the doctor ignores you, and suddenly has even left the building. Or like turning your last underwear inside out to avoid your imaginary skid marks from the day before becasue you forgot to put on a wash. Or like drinkning a way too hot coffee at 3pm from a pot that's been standing on the coffee machine since 8am. Want to know my opinion about the Google Chrome browser? I'd rather cut my stomach open while naked in front of a pack of extremely hungry dogs in an abandoned allyway with no means of escape. Enjoy your Chrome.

How about you guys use mobile browser and stop promoting browsers instead, problem fixed

I too find it strange that Microsoft's browsers are so glitchy, especially since Microsoft is supposed to be a premier programming company and I am using Microsoft's browsers on Microsoft's OS. I never seem to have problems with other browsers though - just Microsoft's. This seems ridiculous to me. It appears to be the case that Microsoft's competitors can create better browsers for Microsoft's OS than Microsoft can. If I were the CEO of Microsoft, I would be embarrassed by this fact. Microsoft Edge! Microsoft Edge! It's better than ever! Sure it is. My current version won't stay open for more than 10 seconds before it crashes. I barely have time to reset the settings before it crashes. By the way, resetting the settings doesn't solve the crashing problem. It also crashes too fast to make any other changes. And "REPAIIRING" it doesn't work either. Hey, I have an idea. Why not just create a great browser that works consistently, and then, once that has been actually accomplished, start cajoling people into using it. In the meantime, I would appreciate having the option of deleting Microsoft's browsers from it's OS.

Ik this is late but I AGREE! If Windows wants to give the best service then LET US DECIDE WHAT WE WANT! I DON'T GIVE A **bleep** IF IT'S MICROSOFT'S MOST RECOMENDED BROWSER, IT'S **bleep**!

@Mukund23821 

MS Edge is sooooooo bad, it is eating 2 GB of my laptop memory with only 5 open tabs, I truly believe this is intentionally done to support sales of the new hardware.  It cannot be that it is so badly written.

Yeah, I'm agree seriously the pop-up is so annoying, like come on is microsoft love this browser or something. If Microsoft love this browser, please don't force us to use the browser, it's so annoying as freak. Let just Microsoft love this ugly browser.

@Mukund23821 

MS Edge is horrible, it doesn't matter what version of windows you are using it is still the same old horrible browser that keeps on crashing, again and again and again.

I use Vivaldi Browser sometimes I use Bing Search Engine other times I use Duck Duck Go, that is brilliant and very rarely crashes, unlike your pathetic MS Edge that is forever crashing.

Edge is now the MS Edge Crash Barrier, it crashes so often we can't use it. 

We may have to have it on our system but you will NEVER EVER force me to use the worst browser ever invented.

However don't you think it is about time you let us choose what we want on OUR computers?

After all you never purchased my computer, so why do you insist on making have your horrible system on our computers. This is not the dark ages now so why are MS acting like it is the dark ages?

2 years I've been using Edge, and I haven't faced any problems.
You can check it out now. It has been the best browser till date. If you have a low-end computer like the specs:
i. 4 GB RAM
ii. i3 CPU
iii. Old HDD
I recommend you using the Chrome OS if you don't have any specific app to use.
But if you have a capable machine, I recommend you sticking with Microsoft Edge since it has fixed most of the bugs and is the feature bundle with some amazing tools.

I can't say anything more to you than this. Ultimately, it depends on you what you like. But I seriously recommend you staying out of Chrome. It is a total crap.

@Brian256 My computer is brand new with good specs thank you. I just find Edge crap the way you find Google crap. My computer runs slow on edge. Always has done. We all have our own preferences. 
For your  information I also hate Microsoft.