White flash when opening a New tab page

Brass Contributor

Hi, loving the browser so far. But I am having one small annoying "bug", which is whenever i open a new tab or a window, there is this rather unpleasant white flash that is sometimes blinding. would be nice if you fixed that :)

4 Replies

@Somali-Pirate 

Is the white flash still appearing for you on the latest updated Edge Insider browsers?

Do you know which version and browser when this issue first occurred?

Thanks for your patience,

Frank.

@V-FRROME I can confirm that the bug is still present, when opening the browser for the first time and sometimes when opening a new tab and also it's still present when opening the collections panel for the first time:

Spoiler
Edge white flash when opening 1.71.gif

Edge white flash 1.31.gif

@V-FRROME wrote:

Do you know which version and browser when this issue first occurred?

This is a bug that has been present for a long time, I think it's a Chromium problem because the white flash also appears in Chrome since a long time ago:

Spoiler
Chrome white flash 1.71.gif

@V-FRROME 

I can confirm the white flashes as well. The force-dark flag did help with the flashes opening a new tab, but it still happens sometimes. Always a white flash like in the pictures above, when launching Edge Canary. Also occasionally I get white flashes after I open multiple tabs in the background and close the tab I am viewing. Sometimes its is all the tabs already opened. Sometimes it is only 1 or 2 of them. Opening a New InPrivate window will give you the white flash as well.

Are you still following this post? I keep submitting feedback on this issue, but still not fixed. It has been over 2 months  since my first feedback (through the browser).