SOLVED

Where can I find my reading list?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I did try the beta a couple of months ago and since the new Windows update is imminent, I did give the Stable release a try. It looks like it's the one we will get next week, but I just didn't have any prompts about importing my old favorites and reading list. I'm not sure what to do now.

I have some favorites I imported in the beta version, but not sure if they are updated to the one I had earlier today.

Also I read somewhere that your reading list should be converted into a favorite list, but I found nothing.

I also don't have collection or sneak peak of tabs.

Thank you

24 Replies
Can you post a screenshot of the grouped tabs? if you're referring to the same tab grouping that I think you are then you can click on the group color dot and select ungroup.

Hi, What Microsoft did was to save folks reading list, set aside tabs etc... from the old Edge in a folder you can access to get at everything had in the old Edge, because those features are not yet in the current New Edge and rather than everyone loosing them, MS saved them for you.... They were not trying to make it more difficult for you or anyone....

And for the Group Tabs, you can do what @HotCakeX said....

Hope this helps you understand better what MS was trying to do.

Dennis5mile

p.s.  Please know that I do not  work for MS and can not speak for them, this is just my take on what they were trying to do.... my Personal Opinion....

20200228_154203.jpg

 It's the Groups from ''Tabs set aside'' when clicking on Other favourites in the Favourites bar.

@HotCakeX 

Thanks shot the shot, they are made automatically, because you had set tabs aside in Edge classic but forgot to review and close them, so the new Edge just move them over and added them as normal favorites, because tabs set aside feature is not implemented yet in the new Edge.

Thanks @Dennis5mile, mine were apparently all saved there. My take on the new Edge is replication of Chrome, which is great except cannot import Edge password saves to my Chromebook.