When the list of countries in the New tab page gets completed?

MVP

The list has been incomplete for a while so i was wondering when the rest of the countries will be added

gghhhhh.png

there are only 60 countries on the list and there are 200 countries in the world. it's not just for language but also more importantly for News sources

12 Replies

There are more imporatn things to do :) but you are right, give them some time...

@HotCakeX It sounds like this has been on the team's radar, but I just let them know that more folks are interested in seeing it. 

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@HotCakeX 

Hi Hot Cake,

I can see that your interest in the amount of languages in Teams, here is a link with the information about the language packet and in the end of the page it is a link for the insights related to Teams that you can contact the production time directly: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/country-and-region-availability-for-audio-conferenci... 

Sincerely,

Val Ramos

@vramos 

Spoiler

@vramos wrote:

@HotCakeX 

Hi Hot Cake,

I can see that your interest in the amount of languages in Teams, here is a link with the information about the language packet and in the end of the page it is a link for the insights related to Teams that you can contact the production time direct:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/country-and-region-availability-for-audio-conferenci... 

Sincerely,

Val Ramos

Hello, I'm sorry but I think there has been a misunderstanding, I'm actually talking about the Edge browser's New Tab Page, not Microsoft Teams.

@HotCakeX 

Sorry for the mistake,

It is any specific language that you want to be add to the list?

Here is the current list of language available and just like the other link I sent for Teams, you are able to send feedback in the end of the page to the developers of Edge:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-supported-languages#foreign-language-tran...

Thank you for replying to my last post,

Sincerely,

Val Ramos

@vramos 

Spoiler

@vramos wrote:

@HotCakeX 

Sorry for the mistake,

It is any specific language that you want to be add to the list?

Here is the current list of language available and just like the other link I sent for Teams, you are able to send feedback in the end of the page to the developers of Edge:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-supported-languages#foreign-language-tran...

Thank you for replying to my last post,

Sincerely,

Val Ramos

Hi, it's okay,

I read that article and it's talking about the language of the Edge itself, not the languages list for the New Tab Page as I showed in my first post at top.

that article is talking about the languages in here and it contains the languages that I need:

edge://settings/languages

I'm asking to add support for the same 96 languages (and more if possible) to the New Tab Page in Edge browser. the language in New Tab Page controls the news content sources, left/right layout of New Tab Page and the languages in the New Tab Page itself.

in NTP, there are many languages/countries missing, for example: Morocco, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Ukraine, Isle of Man, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Tajikistan, Taiwan etc etc.

and then we have 5 entries only dedicated to India! that doesn't make sense. some countries don't even exist in the list and then 1 country occupies 5 entries of the list.

hghgfh.png

@HotCakeX I completely agree with you! The new tab just like Microsoft News needs to be refined! I am very much waiting for Ukrainian news.

@vladte4 

@vladte4 wrote:

@HotCakeX I completely agree with you! The new tab just like Microsoft News needs to be refined! I am very much waiting for Ukrainian news.

Thank you!

unfortunately the conversation above was unrelated to my topic and it was so much misunderstanding..

@Deletedcan you please get this feature request to the team? I received an email asking if my problem was fixed, probably because a MSFT employee answered my post but it's not related at all. thank you

@HotCakeX Yes, I had let them know when I first responded to your post. :) 

And regarding the email: if you submitted feedback through the browser and provided an email address, then that is probably the source. I'm not familiar with something like that being generated from a Tech Community post, but the very knowledgable @Allen could confirm that.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Thanks.

@HotCakeX I am wondering if you received an email from the community as the author of the thread asking if some of the replies were best solutions, if so this is by design. Its completely automated and designed to help others in the community find 'answered' discussions.

If you do not think this is what's going on then please forward it to our team here and I will track down where this email came from.

Thanks,
looks like it's the automated message then, but I don't receive it for every thread i create, couldn't find out what the pattern is.