When custom new picture for NTP is getting out of controlled feature rollout?

MVP

It's been almost 1 month after it was announced that this is available in Edge but it's still in controlled feature rollout and not available to everyone. why is that?

am I the only one that thinks this creates confusion when it's publicly announced that a feature is available but then you go to your Edge and see it's not?

Microsoft Edge Version 84.0.492.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

7 Replies

Yes, I also think that this creates confusion in people would think that they have some problem in the browser because Microsoft told that this feature has rolled out into the public and that person is not getting the NTP Custom picture update.

@HotCakeX I also can't find this feature. But I think you are known that. I only wan't to point that out for the devs at the Microsoft Edge team.

It's not a visible button or anything. you have to enable flags, then install specific sites right from the address bar as an app.
among websites that Edge auto suggests to install as app is Twitter.

@HotCakeX 

@HotCakeX wrote:
It's not a visible button or anything. you have to enable flags, then install specific sites right from the address bar as an app.
among websites that Edge auto suggests to install as app is Twitter.

Have you wrote this in the false discussion? What haave apps to do with the custom NTP picture?

@HotCakeX 

Are you referring to this?

Annotation 2020-04-22 161533.jpg

If so, I did not know this was a controlled feature rollout.  I have had this for weekssss now....

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

Spoiler

@Dennis5mile wrote:

@HotCakeX 

Are you referring to this?

Annotation 2020-04-22 161533.jpg

If so, I did not know this was a controlled feature rollout.  I have had this for weekssss now....

Dennis5mile

Yes I am and I'm not saying I don't have it because I posted about it almost a month ago when it first came out but it's intermittent. meaning it goes and comes back randomly, usually when connecting/disconnecting VPN which is the obvious proof that the feature is still in Controlled feature rollout phase and developers don't mention this.

Lol yeah sorry

I can't delete that comment from 2 days ago but i can delete my comment that i made just few minutes ago..weird..must be a new change in the community

fdsfs.png

@AllenHello, could you please take a look at this? Thanks in advance