SOLVED

What to Kill first when things get slow?

Copper Contributor

It is not rare for things to start to feel slow on my PC. When they do, I go to task manager and start killing the resource hogs like Edge and Teams.

I do not know if it really helps. Does it? Do guidelines exist for handling tasks when my PC starts to feel slow?

4 Replies

@DonnieWorld 

With the correct configuration -> just check for Windows updates, download in the foreground and restart the computer.

Please try it and let me know if it helps, because the reasons for slowing down can be a lot :)

@A1 

PC is up to date, nothing to download and install. I removed McAfee a week ago. I installed AVAST to replace it. I will mention that the laptop is old ... 5 years ish but it was great then. Dell, i7 7th gen processor, 32 gb of ram, Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 graphics card, ssd hd...

best response confirmed by DonnieWorld (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DonnieWorld 

" I removed McAfee " this program is very difficult to remove, and probably, continues to clutter up your computer, Currently, Microsoft Defender is sufficient, free versions of antiviruses , too can slow down your computer unfortunately!

Thanks
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DonnieWorld (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DonnieWorld 

" I removed McAfee " this program is very difficult to remove, and probably, continues to clutter up your computer, Currently, Microsoft Defender is sufficient, free versions of antiviruses , too can slow down your computer unfortunately!

View solution in original post