What is up with all these leaks

Deleted
Not applicable

I recently did a google search for Microsoft Edge Stable and it gave me this as the first result. Screenshot (29).png

Clicking this link downloads Edge installer which runs exactly like any other Edge insider installer. No warnings, no detections in antivirus, signed by Microsoft, downloaded from Microsoft website. BUT after installing finishes, The installed browser can't be deleted and the I can't find old Edge anywhere in the system.

Now, before people call me a fool for running files downloaded from the internet, I want to mention that I did this on a secondary computer and did a system restore (only way I could get rid of that, helped by an earlier post on this forum). But I feel that these intentional/unintentional leaks are a serious issue. 

First, It is from Microsoft website. You can blame people if they go looking for the leaks in tech forums or websites, but it is on the front page of google search. Couple this with the fact that the links for earlier leaks are also still active, it appears that the company is not even bothered about plugging the leaks, even if it results in irreversible changes in users' machines.

0 Replies