What happened to the "Fit to Page" option v90 was supposed to introduce?

Iron Contributor

According to the official "What's Next in Microsoft Edge" page it says version 90, the stable-branch one just rolling out now worldwide, is supposed to introduce a "Fit to Page" option when printing.

Yet no-matter which printer I select (either a physical, local, USB printer; or one of the preinstalled virtual printers) I cannot find such an option.

Is this one of those A/B testing things where not everyone gets it yet?

Edgev90PrintingIssues.png

6 Replies
Before anyone replies: yes I have already done a "Send Feedback" report from within Edge about this
Hi,
Yes it could be a staged/gradual rollout of that feature, wouldn't be the first time, I checked and don't have it either on stable channel.
It's not great then that a number of news articles about the new v90 Edge have mentioned this feature as being included in write-ups about the new features.

If a feature is not going to be available to-all, the Edge team really should make this clearer or just not advertise such features in-advance, and wait until they are, as it just causes confusion...

@dftf-wip 

@dftf-wip wrote:
It's not great then that a number of news articles about the new v90 Edge have mentioned this feature as being included in write-ups about the new features.

If a feature is not going to be available to-all, the Edge team really should make this clearer or just not advertise such features in-advance, and wait until they are, as it just causes confusion...

Can't control what other people like to write about in their blogs and sites, it's their decision.

it's been made pretty clear in the official release note page:

image.png

Microsoft Edge release notes for Stable Channel | Microsoft Docs

Progressive rollouts for Microsoft Edge Stable channel updates | Microsoft Docs

Edge's Microsoft Docs page is also pinned to the sidebar of Edge community.

"Can't control what other people like to write about in their blogs and sites, it's their decision."

Yes, but they are going by the official information Microsoft put-out there... it's not like they just made it up, their official page which lists when features are due to arrive says in version 90 this feature is present.

"For the Stable Channel, updates will roll out progressively over one or more days"

To me, this means "you won't necessarily get version 90 of Edge straight-away; you might remain on v89 for a couple of days after it's official release date". If it is supposed to mean "not all advertised features listed as being in v90 will be present immediately; some will get unlocked later-on" then this message could certainly do with being made clearer!

I've checked both links you sent: both of them seem to talk about not getting the latest *version* immediately, but not *features within major versions being restricted*

@dftf-wip 

Spoiler

@dftf-wip wrote:
"Can't control what other people like to write about in their blogs and sites, it's their decision."

Yes, but they are going by the official information Microsoft put-out there... it's not like they just made it up, their official page which lists when features are due to arrive says in version 90 this feature is present.

"For the Stable Channel, updates will roll out progressively over one or more days"

To me, this means "you won't necessarily get version 90 of Edge straight-away; you might remain on v89 for a couple of days after it's official release date". If it is supposed to mean "not all advertised features listed as being in v90 will be present immediately; some will get unlocked later-on" then this message could certainly do with being made clearer!

I've checked both links you sent: both of them seem to talk about not getting the latest *version* immediately, but not *features within major versions being restricted*

those are official info I mentioned above, whoever wants to ignore it and don't mention it in their website, it's their problem.

like I said, it's staged rollout, but you can call it whatever you like.