Weird artifacts

Copper Contributor

I am really sorry if I'm writing in the wrong place, but I don't know where to post it to someone from developers can look at it.

I have a wierd "glitch" while watching something like Youtube, Twitch and changing tab to another.

https://youtu.be/SgJb3FiBhUg

This is happen only on chromium based browsers - like Edge (my favourite). Firefox works great. I don't have any problem with programs like After Effects, Photoshop, Games etc. Only on Edge. Without gpu acceleration is fine, but i think it should be fix. Like I said - no problem with everything on computer, so this isn't my computers fault. All drivers updated etc.

This happen only when the tab have video - like YouTube - is open and it influence to another tab while switching. Without any tab with video everything is fine. 

I love Edge - this is my default browser, but if this bug will not be repaired i have to switch to Firefox... and i don't want it.

7 Replies

Some photos.

And sometimes (i don't have a picture from it) UI icons dissapear (i mark it with red).

Like i said This happen only when the tab have video - like YouTube - is open and it influence to another tab while switching. Without any tab with video everything is fine. 

Second photo - green - dissapear of the scroolbar, and some text.

Edge Version 109.0.1518.52

a.jpg

Hi @Spiffciu 

Thank you for reaching out to MTC, but here you can get primarily help from other users to reach the Edge team best (Alt+Shift+I) Help and feedback from Edge.

There add diagnostic data only so you can prepare a fix for all :)

Of course, clearing the cache does not help?

Try disabling Edge extensions to find out.

Thank you for response

I've tried with disabling extensions and clearing cache... No luck.
I will try send feedback.
Seems to be a widespread issue that Microsoft have yet to address. Also happens to me with the latest Edge beta Version 116.0.1938.1, RTX 3080. I've been experiencing this problem ever since I upgraded to Win 11 two months ago, but I'm not sure if it is specifically OS related.
It is happening to my machine as well. Only Firefox works fine, what I find interesting is that whenever I try to record the artifacts using the Nvidia overlay, the artifacts don't show. Have you solved your issue, what did you do?
I do not have issue
Yes, I have the same issue as yours, the only way to stop the artifact is by disabling the hardware acceleration (Use graphics acceleration when available in the System and performance settings). But disabling it might cause some other issues later on. Sigh.