Week update and settings

Steel Contributor

Hello,

Insiders have an update every week. Today, the update have completly restart the navigator, with the welcome introduction, all the accounts and the sattings have disapeared, i am very angry. I need a long time to remake settings like i want, but all settings have been changed in their starting point, i hope i won't do it every week. Insiders must have a different update, they are not new, they have alreday use edge, settings must be conserved !

7 Replies

@Tio_Dep 

Hi,

which update are you talking about? and which channel/version?

It happened to me once, all my settings were restored after I had created a new profile with the name of that profile what was deleted

@HotCakeX 

Canal DEV this week update, but updates are doing on saturday, i don't know why... but it's not the problem...

So let me see if i got it right, you installed the latest Edge dev update, your browser settings were reset back to their default values, and you had sync on, so this caused settings on other Edge installations that were connected to your Microsoft account, to be reset as well.
right?
Witam jestem tu pierwszy raz i maże o tym żeby Edge był prosty w obsłudze korzystam z ułatwień dostępu - powiększeń , narratora jestem poza kanałem beta , ale instaluję bo mam dostęp i chciałbym mieć wstępną informację na jakie zmiany mam się przygotować najnowsza aktualizacja zepsuła drukowanie z witryny, a częste zawieszenie Edge jest nie do przyjęcia ! Nie mogę korzystać z wersji desktopowej witryny bankowej . Oczywiście wersja mobilna działa na Edge , ale zwykły użytkownik` nagle traci możliwość operacji bankowych wjęc rezygnuje z Edge. Nikogo nie interesuje że Edge poprawia zabezpieczenia bo ludzie o tym nie myślą chcą korzystać w sposób niezawodny z komputera , a niepewność Edge wydaje się za duża . Korzystam z Edge bo go lubię , ale trzeba pomyśleć o uproszczeniach i ułatwieniach dla zwykłych użytkowników ! Edge będzie świetne jeżeli osoby starsze sobie łatwo poradzą z ustawieniami i zrobią to na zasadzie predefiniowanych ustawień . Obecnie Ułatwienia Dostępu działają świetnie ale aby je uruchomić trzeba dużej wiedzy pozdrawiam

@HotCakeX 

No, i am talking about edge week update. I suscribed dev canal some weeks ago, there is an update every week, last week there was'nt any problem with the update, but this week, the traditionnal update has changed my settings, and also the flags i have installed on edge://flags... So i havent' reinstalled them yet. I am a dev user for 4 weeks.

Okay im not sure what you are talking about then, because only Dev channel receives weekly updates