Websites don't load

Copper Contributor

Ever since a few days ago, websites decided to stop loading on Microsoft Edge Canary build 78.0.254.0. It is not a problem with my internet, as websites load perfectly on Chrome. I don't know why this is happening, help would be appreciated!

@

3 Replies
Can you still check for updates or the settings page doesn't load either? because they just pushed a new update: Version 78.0.256.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

@HotCakeX It says my version is up to date.

"Microsoft Edge is up to date.
Version 78.0.254.0 (Official build) Canary (64-bit)"

@cabbage 

In that case try this:

1. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge SxS\Application  (replace USERNAME with your own Windows username)
  2. open a CMD window in that directory. you can do it by typing "CMD" in the windows explorer's address bar and pressing Enter.Annotation 2019-08-23 171050.png
  3. then type in this command: msedge.exe --user-data-dir=c:\foo
  4. if everything goes right, it should load a brand new Edge browser window for you, which means your Edge browser files are not corrupted or anything, load some websites and see if they work and load correctly.
  5. if they do then you can go ahead and close it.
  6. Go here and delete the folder called "User Data" C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge SxS  (again replace the USER name with your own)
  7. now open your Edge canary browser normally and report back what happened. hope that helps.

p.s: before deleting the User Data folder, you gotta know that it's gonna delete your favorites, passwords etc. you don't have to worry about this if you had enabled cloud sync.

Don't forget to delete "foo" folder in C drive once everything is finished.