webpages seem zoomed out in Dev version 79

Steel Contributor

I'm seeing a weird issue in Dev version 79: some websites (including the New tab page) seem zoomed out compared to Beta version 78. I double checked to make sure the global page zoom is set to 100% on both, I even went to this website to see if there are any differences between Dev and Beta and there aren't https://www.jeffersonscher.com/res/resolution.php

11 Replies
Can anyone else repro this? The new tab page is the easiest way to compare

@Bdsrev I can reproduce this, but have you tried an uninstall/reinstall?
They are all beta products at the end of the day and a clean install might help.

Would also be interesting to know if it happens if you create a new profile in the browser. Might be a corrupted setting in your browser profile... Long shot, but maybe?

if you can repro this, it's likely an actual bug and not a one-off oddity. And the fact that it effects the New tab page, private tab page and so many websites means its worth investigating
Edge Team, I'm still seeing this in 79.0.308.1 Dev, do you need more information from me to get this one fixed? This is a pretty serious issue, many websites are not usable because they appear so zoomed out (text is not readable)

@Bdsrev  update: as of 79.0.309.7 Dev, it no longer effects the new tab page (the new tab page actually went back to normal over a week ago), but it does still effect the InPrivate new tab page, and as of today, bing.com too. This is quite a serious issue... Screenshots attachedinprivatentp.pngbingsmalltext.png

How much is it zoomed in this time?

@HotCakeXare you also seeing this issue?

Not on canary no

@Bdsrev A friend of mine had the same issue after I convinced him to switch to Edge and after some digging around it turned out to be the font size. It was on a personalized preset for some reason instead of the default. Go to edge://settings/appearance and check if this is it!

Good idea,

here are the default settings just in case

Annotation 2019-11-03 113201.png

THIS WAS THE PROBLEM! Ok, you found the bug, we need to get Microsoft to investigate this and fix it. I wish they had a proper bug tracker instead of these discussion forums...