SOLVED

Web Site Security and Properties Information

Brass Contributor

I would like to see more of the information about a web site and what protocol and security it is using. Similar to the way it was displayed in IE.

When you click on the lock next to the URL in the address bar in both old Edge and the new Edge, the information is rather lacking.   In IE, I could go to File --> Properties and get very detailed information about many, including the version of TLS that is being user, what the doctype is, and what protocol was used.

While this may not be something every user needs, I think some advanced users and systems admins would and do find it useful when troubleshooting user issues.  NOTE:  This was and is a pet peeve of mine in the old Edge browser as well.

Very limited information...Very limited information...Far more useful and helpful information.Far more useful and helpful information.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Eric_Lawrence (Microsoft)
Solution

@RORWessels Happily, this feature is much richer in the new Edge. Hit F12 to open the Developer Tools and go to the Security tab to view connection security information.

In IE and the old Edge, you got limited information about the top-level connection only; in the new Edge, information about every connection used in loading the page is presented.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eric_Lawrence (Microsoft)
Solution

@RORWessels Happily, this feature is much richer in the new Edge. Hit F12 to open the Developer Tools and go to the Security tab to view connection security information.

In IE and the old Edge, you got limited information about the top-level connection only; in the new Edge, information about every connection used in loading the page is presented.

View solution in original post