VR display not working on New Edge in Windows Mixed Reality

Copper Contributor

Hi

As a VR developer I am happy that New Edge supports WebVR and is ready to show immersive content on a headset.  Unlike its predecessor, when I visit a VR page in WMR, the New Edge shows the goggles icon and if you click it, enters VR.  But then falls flat on its face.  Instead of an immersive 360 view I see ether a hacked-up flat view or a black screen.

I'm running WMR on a Dell gaming laptop, with a Samsung Odyssey hmd.  I have to use a year-old nVidia display driver because the newer ones have a problem with the Intel Integrated Graphics chips that actually control the hdmi port.  But it is working.

I know this is not a mainstream Windows issue, however I hope you will look into it as Edge is perhaps the 'star' of WMR.

2 Replies

@tksharpless Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the MSFT Edge Insider community! I've passed your message on to our Media team and will let you know if they have any insights to share.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@tksharpless The team confirmed that this is on their radar. In the meantime, they recommend dedicating Microsoft Edge to run on the WebXR-capable device. Hopefully that helps, and please let us know if you have any other feedback!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge