SOLVED

Video on multiple monitor with Edge Chromium

Copper Contributor

I recently upgraded to Edge Chromium. Since upgrading, I am having an issue when playing video. I have a laptop with 3 monitors connected. If the video is playing on the "main" (middle) display, it works fine. The second I move it to either the left or right monitor, that monitor goes black. Technically, it is happening when more than half of the browser is on one of the side monitors. If I slowly drag the browser from one to the other, it happens right when it crosses half way onto the side monitor.

Once the screen goes black, Windows ceases to recognize that monitor altogether (the mouse pointer stops at the edge of my main display, and any windows that were on that screen move back to my main screen). The only way to get the affected screen back is to unplug the video cable and plug it back in. This happens immediately, every time without fail.

A few details:

- Edge version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit))

- This did not happen in my previous version of Edge (pre-Chromium)

- This does not happen with Chrome, Firefox or IE

- This is happening when viewing video on either Netflix and Spectrum.net (my cable provider), but not with Youtube. I haven't tried any others.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by MrSnooty (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi@MrSnooty 

Based on the details you provided, I can say it's related to DRM protected content

I'd suggest to try to enable/disable these flags: edge://flags/

dfsdsad.png

also try other channels like Canary to see if the problem persists

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

@HotCakeX 

I tried all combinations of values for those 2 flags, and was able to find one that resolved the issue:

PlayReady DRM for Windows 10 - disabled

Widevine DRM - enabled

Thank you!

That's great, you're welcome :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MrSnooty (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi@MrSnooty 

Based on the details you provided, I can say it's related to DRM protected content

I'd suggest to try to enable/disable these flags: edge://flags/

dfsdsad.png

also try other channels like Canary to see if the problem persists

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

View solution in original post