Video auto-scroll/floating

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is anyway to enable video auto-scrolling.

For instance, if I go on YouTube, or another site with a video, is there a way to make it so when I scroll down the page to read comments or the article, the playing video will automatically stay in view in a floating manner? 

5 Replies
It's related to site design, not browsers. Facebook does this because Facebook developers implemented it in their websites.
YouTube has implemented something similar too but it doesn't always triggers.
i personally use this extension (Made by Google) and it provides me with a floating YouTube video that is not bound to the browser window and i can drag and drop it anywhere on the screen. give it a shot

@HotCakeX Thanks for the reply.

I see. Yeah, Youtube isn't auto-scrolling for me. What is the extension you use? I can't seem to see a link anywhere.

oops Lol I said "this extension" but i forgot to put the link there!
Sorry, here you go:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/picture-in-picture-extens/hkgfoiooedgoejojocmhlaklaeopbecg

I've been using it almost a month now while i've been on canary channel, it's compatible.

@HotCakeX Thanks again.

Is there any way to make it automatic, or do I have to hit the icon/keyboard shortcut to activate?

You're welcome:)
unfortunately it's not..but you can click on it once and after that whatever videos you choose to play from that Same tab, they will automatically play in the mini floating window.