Very slow for some feature on Google Drive and Google Docs History

Iron Contributor

Edge Chromium is much slower than Chrome for things like google drive / google docs:

- when I want to open the folder in the navigation pane (cf the left part), it takes between 20 and 40 sec before I can see the content of this folder.  Meanwhile, the main pane is completely frozen. I don't have any delay on Chrome (same computer, same connection)  

- When I want to navigate the history of my google docs (open a google docs > file > history), then it takes between 3 and 5 minutes to load the full history before I can scroll to a version saved a couple of months ago. On Chrome, I still have to wait but "only" about 1 min.

This is new, this summer I didn't experience such delays I am not sure but I think it started about 2 weeks ago. 

But on the plus side: when I load a 50+ pages google docs on Egde Chromium it loads faster than on Chrome. 

3 Replies
Few days ago, someone else also reported that file downloads from Google drive is very slow compared to Google Chrome. maybe it's on purpose? :thinking_face:
Yep it is. Maybe there is a comparison ? No that can't be. :\