Vertical tabs, right side, close buttons and more

Copper Contributor

After testing the vertical tabs for a while i really like it but for a few things.

Since I use it on my right screen it would be better to be able to have it on the right side of the screen
Another thing is when it is collapsed, the "X" should be accessible directly, instead of having to hover the mouse and then move the mouse to close the tab. The X should also be in the same place collapsed and expanded.

The width of the expanded area should be user configurable.

3 Replies

@StupaGreven 

I would like to have the option to close vertical tabs by a close button contained in the toolbar, since I don't like to expand the vertical tabs (it does take to much space and it disturbs the sight on the content).

From a usability standpoint it would be good to have such a toolbar button, because the way the mouse have to move, is closer then.

Exactly. I have just switched to edge due to vertical tabs and I keep trying to close the tab using close button... I needed to turn the "multi-tab window closing" warning on... In this mode X should close single tab only and closing whole window should be moved to the menu. Was anyone able to make it work this way? Ok for now I will use Close Tab - Microsoft Edge Addons