Vertical Tabs look Good!

MVP

sdsadas.png

managed to get it on Edge Version 86.0.598.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

They are a little premature and basic, still need to evolve a lot.

but for now the tab previews work, tab grouping and colors work and the main button for switching between horizontal/vertical view works.

there is a big gap here which I don't understand why it's there. probably a placeholder for an upcoming feature.

dsdsda.png

overall I like it and looking forward to a more evolved experience from vertical tabs soon.

63 Replies
Yes

Hello @Dennis5mile 

A person on the reddit "fazil47babu" created an interesting concept of the browser behavior by having tabs in the sidebar

He made the address bar disappear when the mouse was not on it

@MissyQ has already visualized this and said it has already passed the concept to the creator of the sidebars on the edge

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftEdge/comments/i7o3od/thoughts_vertical_tabs/ 

That looks pretty cool......

Dennis5mile
Sigh; still no vert tabs here....... Any new changes to them yet?

:old_man:🥺

Dennis5mile
Not really, it's strange they don't let people in the same channel to use that feature..

@HotCakeX 

Yeah, I think they should give to more folks at once than they are now and more often... But ah well..

I just received the "Share, Copy & Paste" feature that @MissyQ posted about 2 days ago and that was on Dev and not Can. Funny too as I don't use Dev except when testing a fix or when Can is down for one reason or another...

Screenshot 2020-09-03 111208.jpg

lol, I'll probably get Vert tabs on Dev as well.. hahahaha

Dennis5mile

I'm using Edge stable mostly, I'm afraid if i use 2 versions together it's gonna mess up my favorites because the sync issues haven't been fully solved yet
Are you getting Vertical Tabs on Stable?

Dennis5mile
No, i mean i stopped using Can/Dev channel because of favorite sync issues, so ill test vertical tabs once they make their way into stable channel

@Dennis5mile 

Hey, did you get them today? from what I see it looks like it's available more broadly now, maybe even to everyone on Dev/Can channels 

Version 87.0.658.0 (Official build) Dev (64-bit)

it has some improvements and changes too

Nope, not on Can and not on Dev. I do have the latest versions of each. Also, since the last 2 Can updates I'm no longer staying logged into the browser itself. Before it was all web sites including this insider forums and everything else I was logged into when I closed the browser except I would stay logged into the Browser. Now nothing is being kept.... 🤷‍:male_sign:

Dennis5mile
oof, maybe try a more stable channel like Beta
Na, it's all part of the testing. Send in FB with all D's for them to look at...

Dennis5mile
Definitely no longer working. not sure whats going on but we havent even heard it mentioned
You know, it is kinda interesting how when we all started in these edge insider forums I was getting rollouts fairly early as they came out, but in the last few weeks, I'm not seeing anything. Wonder what has changed.

Dennis5mile

@HotCakeX  You have vertical tabs like that?!I have vertical tabs with no color.I have vertical tabs with no color.

@Kam that's normal, colors belong to tab groups

@HotCakeX  But... But... :sad: I can't see it in my vertical tabs. :facepalm::cry:

Edge team temporarily disabled tab groups, they will turn it back on for sure

@HotCakeX 

Tab Group flag is back in both Dev and Can.. 

tab groups 2020-10-10 160534.jpg

Dennis5mile