SOLVED

Vertical Tabs Icon

Deleted
Not applicable

Untitled-1.fw.png

Hi, it doesn't seem clear to me what the icon design is trying to tell me. When I see a rectangle with a white stripe on top (in dark mode) I understand that if I click on the icon I will be switching to horizontal tab mode. For me, and I don't know if you interpret it the same way, the correct one would be the icon that appears in the image suggested above

7 Replies

@Deleted  If you click on the first image (white icon on the top) it will switch to horizontal tabs.

The suggestions you showed would be switching to vertical tabs.

best response
Solution

@Deleted 

Personally, I take as the icon verifying what the current state is, "you are currently in Horizontal tab  H Tab 2020-11-13 115715.jpg mode", "You are currently in Vertical tab mode"  V Tab 2020-11-13 115753.jpg

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile Seems like this is only in Canary, recently in Canary they rounded all the icons maybe.
in my case i would prefer the button show what mode will be enabled if click , just like when i have a hide button the text in the box is "hide" not "shown"

@Wittycat 

I agree with you because it is more intuitive in this way (at least in my opinion)

@Deleted 

it doesn't look like that on Edge Dev Version 88.0.692.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

fdsfd.png

@Wittycat and @Deleted Thanks for the feedback. I'm tagging in @IrinaL for visibility, in case she can provide any additional context. 

Keep an eye out for more info on these icons soon!

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted 

Personally, I take as the icon verifying what the current state is, "you are currently in Horizontal tab  H Tab 2020-11-13 115715.jpg mode", "You are currently in Vertical tab mode"  V Tab 2020-11-13 115753.jpg

Dennis5mile

View solution in original post