SOLVED

version identifier for Edge Beta and Dev Builds.

Copper Contributor

This is probably the wrong place to ask this, so let me apologize in advance.  I use Edge Developer (75%) and the beta about 25% of the time.  I need a way to tell which version I'm using at a given time while testing and comparing features and compatibility.  Going to setting->help&feedback->about is really a pain and I sometimes forget which version I'm using.  Got in a mess a few times when 'collections' was available in dev but not beta, for example.  Even a web page that would show just the dev vs beta logo in a tab that I could pin to the tab bar would work for me.  I started programming z80s 6502s, 8086s, etc even before we had assemblers and had to use hexadecimal instead of mnemonics.  I learned a lot programming languages (still have my first edition of Kernigan & Ritchie's C Programming Language)  but I stopped programming about the time the web became graphical, so, no HTML, etc.  Guess I should learn to make a simple web page but I was wondering if anyone else had a better suggestion.  I've wasted months on this (I'm stubborn and try to find my own answers first).  Please accept many heartfelt apologies for getting to verbose about a simple problem.  

Thanks.

1 Reply
best response
Solution
Hi,
you can get the current version of Edge from this URL: edge://version/
you can bookmark that page so it will take only 1 click to get the Edge version.

also I made a suggestion to show version history in Edge, see if you find it useful too
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/feature-suggestion-show-update-history-in-edge/m-...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
Hi,
you can get the current version of Edge from this URL: edge://version/
you can bookmark that page so it will take only 1 click to get the Edge version.

also I made a suggestion to show version history in Edge, see if you find it useful too
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/feature-suggestion-show-update-history-in-edge/m-...

View solution in original post