Using the left and right arrows sends you to the address box

Steel Contributor

Build 75.0.141.0

1- Go to techcommunity.microsoft.com and start a conversation

2- Type some text

3- Use the left arrow to go back a few spaces or use the right arrow

4- Result: your cursor is kicked to the address box with all the text selected or to the lock icon if you used the right arrow

1- Go to Youtube.com

2- Launch a video

3- Press the space bar to stop the video

4- Use the left arrow or right arrow to rewind or go forward in the video

5- Result: your cursor is kicked to the address box with all the text selected or to the lock icon if you used the right arrow

1- Go to any web site

2- Press the left or right arrow just for the fun of it

3- Result: your cursor appears in the address box with all the text selected or on the lock icon

Might I suggest that you make this bug a priority as the left arrow is used quite frequently.

15 Replies

@NicolSD Yeah. Me too. Really annoying, but it is canary. Hopefully, they get it fixed.

@Alexei_Drekker I realize that. It just a very annoying bug because we use the keyboard arrows all the time in a browser.

By the way, the right arrow sends you to the lock icon next to the address bar.

@NicolSD Oh. Did not notice that.

Repro'd here, too. Perhaps they're playing with caret browsing.

Happening to me as well. Very annoying.

Until its getting fixed you can use shift+arrows for youtube as a workaround :)
I would suggest you to use j, l keys which are officially supported by youtube also k for play pause and many more shortcuts are present

Any website with a form has this bug too. Even filling in this description won't let me use arrow keys to go back and forth.

Hello @NicolSD,

Yes, you understand me :)

@varadkulk That's the ten second seek shortcut. The right shift and the arrow keys work better for me for a five second jump. Also, the spacebar works to play and pause the video.

I came here specifically to see if this bug had been reported...

Version 76.0.141.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

I updated to 76.0.144.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) this afternoon and it looks like it is fixed. 

@Scott Hoag Yes, it does. And the LastPass bug (LastPass being unable to connect to its servers) seems to have been fixed as well.