SOLVED

Using the Backspace key as one step back when browsing?

Copper Contributor

I use Firefox today and prefer to use as much keyboard shortcuts as possible. If i for example read the news i can in Firefox use either Alt+Left arrow or the Backspace key to go one step back.

In Edge (77.0.189.3) i can only use Alt+Left arrow. Personally i prefer to use one (1) key instead of a combination of two (2) keys to go one step back.

Are there any plans to add the Backspace key as an option as well?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Roger-1362 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Roger-1362 I know there are extensions out there that allow you to use backspace to go back to previous pages.  I will submit your feature request to the team to have this built-in.

Not being able to use backspace drives me up the wall, been using it for 25 years, thanks for pointing out the Alt+ left arrow but bring back backspace

@Carl_Wilcox, I found out that there is a way to solve this in Edge with a simple fix. I do this:

1. Load edge://flags in the browser's address bar.
  2. Search for Backspace, the full title of the flag is Assigns the Backspace key to go back a page.
  3. Set the flag to Enabled.
  4. Restart the web browser.
  5. Now the Backspace key will take you back one step without any other keys involved. :)

Roger1362_2-1657798699521.png

@Roger-1362 Thanks much appreciated, it was driving me up the wall, can't understand why MS disabled it 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Roger-1362 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Roger-1362 I know there are extensions out there that allow you to use backspace to go back to previous pages.  I will submit your feature request to the team to have this built-in.

View solution in original post