SOLVED

Using Edge with Google apps on iOS

Microsoft

On iOS is there a way to use Edge dogfood with google apps (gmail, news, etc)?  It doesn't appear in the selection in "Default Apps" in gmail.  Is there a way around that?  Is it Google or the Edge team that would have to do to enable it?  I see it's an option in Outlook so I assume it's a question of Google not doing the work to enable it, but was hoping there's another way.

Thanks,

Bruce

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Bruce_Lowekamp (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Bruce_Lowekamp, I am not an expert in our iOS implementations, but I talked with one of my coworkers who has an iOS device.  According to him, there isn't any operating system feature to set a default browser, but individual apps can look for appropriate programs to open specific content.  So, in your case, I am guessing that Google would need to change their apps to also look for / display Microsoft apps.  Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk Thanks for checking, that was basically what I expected.  I've made a feature request for Edge from inside gmail, hopefully they'll do it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Bruce_Lowekamp (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Bruce_Lowekamp, I am not an expert in our iOS implementations, but I talked with one of my coworkers who has an iOS device.  According to him, there isn't any operating system feature to set a default browser, but individual apps can look for appropriate programs to open specific content.  So, in your case, I am guessing that Google would need to change their apps to also look for / display Microsoft apps.  Thanks - Elliot

View solution in original post