SOLVED

Upside down and mirrored text

Brass Contributor

Is anyone else experiencing text and parts of web pages being displayed upside down and mirrored?  I've seen it happen on multiple web pages (e.g. Salesforce, Join.me).  Refreshing the page generally resolves the issue.

7 Replies

Yep, same here on 78.0.268.3.

clipboard_image_0.png

Like this?

I get this on bing maps and other pages when changing tabs.

On Streetside I also get inverted text.

best response confirmed by chris_conley (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@chris_conley 

This sounds like the issue that's been reported in some other discussions.   It's dealing with pages using a canvas object, and when you switch to a different tab, and then back, it flips everything vertically.

This issue has been resolved in Canary... I know it was fixed in at least build 78.0.272.  Should be in Dev soon, I would think.

Thanks for the fast response, I'm on 78.0.268.3 in dev channel. Hope we get it soon fixed on dev.

@chris_conley 

Yup. It's a confirmed bug for this dev build and "planned for September" for a fix. Hopefully they increment this week's dev build far enough ahead to get the fix already in Canary:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Top-feedback-summary-for-September-10/m-p/847266

I had it happen twice on Canary about a week and half back. Didn't even know it was a known issue bug. I thought it was on the side of the website I was on at the time. It seems to be known by Microsoft, and on their list of bugs/issues to resolve.

@chris_conley 

I have the same issue here 

Version 78.0.268.3 (Offizielles Build) dev (64-Bit)
edge-bug.png
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by chris_conley (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@chris_conley 

This sounds like the issue that's been reported in some other discussions.   It's dealing with pages using a canvas object, and when you switch to a different tab, and then back, it flips everything vertically.

This issue has been resolved in Canary... I know it was fixed in at least build 78.0.272.  Should be in Dev soon, I would think.

View solution in original post