SOLVED

Updater problem (Official build) beta (32-bit) Windows 7

Steel Contributor

Hi Folks,

This has happened before and today also. My very brief notes are below for your info:-

-----------------------

Around 5.00am Thai Time 06/02/2020
Version 80.0.361.45 (Official build) beta (32-bit)
Troubleshooting tips for installing and updating Microsoft Edge
3. Check your trusted sites
changed settings
7. Help for specific error codes
Windows 7

I read the section in Error 12 and followed:-
Disk Cleanup.
Windows Updater Files 214-217KB ?
cleaned
Check for updates
Version 80.0.361.47 (Official build) beta (32-bit)
-----------------------

and then
Around 4.30am Thai Time 07/02/2020
Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is up to date.
Version 80.0.361.48 (Official build) beta (32-bit)
-----------------------

Today
Used the updater around 6.00am Thai Time 11/02/2020

Microsoft Edge
An error occurred while checking for updates: The updater is currently running. Refresh in a minute to check again.
Learn more
Version 80.0.361.48 (Official build) beta (32-bit)

I read the section in Error 12 and followed:-
Windows 7
used windows Disk Cleanup.
cleaned and now sort the problem, read the part about error 12, a. and b. (section used )and now it updated the version below.

Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is up to date.
Version 80.0.361.50 (Official build) beta (32-bit)

P.S. I have three Edge channels installed, stable, beta, dev. for Windows 7. The Stable and Dev. Updates no problem at all.

Win 

5 Replies
1. why do you use disk clean up all the time?
2. it seems that the problem is not solved, based on the last message in that log?
3. Windows 7 support ended

@HotCakeX Thank you for your reply to my post.

Below is the answer to your questions:-

1. Because, that is what if found in the Learn More Troubleshooting tips for installing and updating Microsoft Edge 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4533311/microsoft-edge-troubleshooting-tips-for-installing-...

2. Sorry, my bad, I should have wrote, Error 12 ,  Section 1. a. b. c. d. and e.  

3. Thank you and was noted long ago, however, there are still appox. 20 million or more world wide users of Window 7 that have been left out to dry, so to speak!!!, with no support, only offered Windows Edge, which I am very grateful for, before and after Jan 14, 2020, hence my posts. 

Kan-Win :cool:

P.S. Windows User since the 80's

best response confirmed by Kan-Win (Steel Contributor)
Solution
I understand, totally respect that :)
but if you're not forced to use Windows 7 (like in an enterprise or business environment) then it's better to upgrade to Windows 10.
just like everything else, Windows 7 had an expiration date. I don't recall any other OS, (Android, Linux, Mac) offered such a long period of support with active updates, without requiring the user to switch to a higher version of OS.
I hope you activated your Windows 10 license during the time Microsoft offered free upgrades to Windows 8 and 7 users.

Have a nice day!

@HotCakeX 

Noted and will do as you suggested.

Thank you very for your help and advice on this subject, greatly appreciated. 

Sawadee Khrup wai.gif

Kan-Win 

You're welcome, good luck and have a nice day/night! :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kan-Win (Steel Contributor)
Solution
I understand, totally respect that :)
but if you're not forced to use Windows 7 (like in an enterprise or business environment) then it's better to upgrade to Windows 10.
just like everything else, Windows 7 had an expiration date. I don't recall any other OS, (Android, Linux, Mac) offered such a long period of support with active updates, without requiring the user to switch to a higher version of OS.
I hope you activated your Windows 10 license during the time Microsoft offered free upgrades to Windows 8 and 7 users.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post