Updated Edge Favorite Imports missing Edge Beta Option

Copper Contributor

Thrilled to try out the new Edge (easily upgraded via Edge default page info!).  It was disappointing that new Edge does not have an option to Import directly from Edge Beta (that I've been using for weeks as my primary browser and have been very happy with it!).

Went thru manually exporting favorites and passwords ....  which went well (importing favorites also imported my password history).

This just could have been smoother for those of us who have been testing Beta ...  A redirect page notifying/reminding everyone that the Edge switch was happening would have been a nice instead of suddenly having no outside internet access on Beta ...

4 Replies

Hi,
There has never been such option to import user data from the same browser but different channels.
Neither Firefox nor Google chrome provide this option.

anyway, with Sync enabled, everything must flow through automatically, and of course as you noted, there are manual ways to do it as well.

@HotCakeX  The point of my post was not looking at what other browsers do or don't do -- I was making a suggestion for how the move from Beta to production could have been smoother for someone like myself that was actively using the browser.

No I said it because you said it was disappointing and I thought you were comparing it to another browser and that's why you thought it was disappointing,
so I was just trying to show that all browsers are the same and the normal procedure for that is to be done through the browser sync

@ColeenSE Thanks for the feedback! Out of curiosity, do you have an MSA account? If so, anything tied to that profile should sync across the Edge versions/channels. Either way, if you haven't yet, feel free to also submit that screenshot via in-browser reporting so that the team will see it even faster.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge