[Updated] Dev channel update to 78.0.268.1 is live

Microsoft

Hi everyone, just a quick note to say that we deployed a new build 78.0.268.3 to the Dev channel today for Windows only. This corrects an issue with our digital signature that prevented Microsoft Edge from working on Windows 10 S and caused some people to see an "unverified publisher" or similar message. There are no other changes in this update. 

Thanks! -David

----

Hello insiders, it’s back to normal this week!  Today we’re releasing build 78.0.268.1 to the Dev Channel, and we have a significantly smaller change list today.  Some of the most noteworthy changes include:

New functionality:

• Added new logging features to feedback submission. If you click the diagnostic data link on the feedback submission popup, you now have the option to attach additional files like screenshots you’ve taken, as well as reproduce the problem to provide more robust logging. 
  • Added the ability for Collections items to be reordered with the keyboard.
  • Added a management policy to allow history syncing for work or school accounts.

Improved stability:

• Fixed an issue where favorites weren’t syncing.
  • Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping items on certain internal pages like Favorites sometimes causes the item to disappear.
  • Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to Word sometimes crashes the browser.
  • Improved reliability when signed into the browser with a work or school account.
  • Improved the reliability of starting Application Guard sessions.

Improved behavior:

• Fixed an issue where certain context menu commands for tabs like “Reopen closed tab” went missing.
  • Fixed an issue where webpages installed as apps don’t launch.
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to open a PDF in an Application Guard window will fail if there are no other Edge windows open.
  • Fixed an issue where the browser’s profile image sometimes isn’t updated if it’s changed in the backing account.
  • Fixed an issue where tabs with the Find on Page popup open sometimes have the popup closed when they’re moved to different windows.
  • Fixed an issue where opening an app from the Apps page closes the apps page.
  • Fixed an issue where the Read Aloud bar sometimes appears transparent.
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to open multiple Collections items in a new window opened each item in a separate window.
  • Fixed an issue where the context menu inside a Collection isn’t dismissed when a new context menu is brought up outside of Collections.

As always, thank you for all your suggestions and feedback! 

33 Replies
"Added a management policy to allow history syncing for work or school accounts."

does this mean that History sync option is going to be enabled soon in Edge insider browser?
cause right now it's still greyed out.

@josh_bodner You guys are aware this isn't code signed, right? 1Password won't work because there's no valid code signature on the msedge.exe file. 

@josh_bodner enterprise mode is no longer working as expected in this build. Now it is opening a new IE instance instead of opening IE inside of the tab.

I am using an enterprise site list, and it worked correctly in previous versions.

Defender ATP is blocking this version of Edge Dev from being installed or run because it is unsigned/untrusted.

Please can Microsoft clarify if this missing signature is a temporary mistake that will be fixed soon or if it is intentional and we should stop using Edge Dev; thanks

@josh_bodner no code signing? Tsk tsk tsk ... I love the new Edge, but that is sloppy work ...

@josh_bodner Has the release of Edge Dev 78.0.268.1 been pulled?
My Windows 8.1 Edge system won't update from 78.0.262.0 to 78.0.268.1 - it says there are no updates.

If I grab the Edge Dev installer and try to reinstall/update that way, I still end up with 78.0.262.0.

Thus I'm wondering if Edge Dev 78.0.268.1 exists/has been pulled?

If so, is it due to the fact it was unsigned?

Mike

@MikeDiack 

I'm on Version 78.0.268.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit) and LASTPASS works

@josh_bodnerHello, what about Favorites menu closing when we open a new tab (right click, or middle click)? In "Edge Legacy", it stays open and we can open several new tabs without closing the menu.

Thank you!

@MikeDiack @josh_bodner I see the same thing where it will not update to this new release.  Any ideas?

@MikeDiack

Well I have two machines on Win10 1903 and one has taken 78.0.268.1, the other says its up to date on 78.0.262.0.   The newer version is giving some rendering oddities though. The Register website front page is rendering the boxes around the headlines far taller than they need to be and at one point inserted all the adverts upside down. No issues with this site on the earlier version, Chrome or legacy Edge

Paul

@josh_bodner Clearing all cookies from a specific site using toolbar and clicking "Done" results in browser shutting down / crashing. Have to restart and use restore pages popup to continue.

Hey folks, check for an update, they fixed the issue in 78.0.268.3. 

@MikeT Thanks!

I had just got updated to 78.0.268.1 this morning, lol. Just checked and now server updated me to 78.0.268.3

@MikeDiack and to everybody who noticed, yes, we did pull 268.1 for a little bit due to the signing issue, which is why if you tried to download it from the website last night, you remained on 262.  

@josh_bodner 

Both my machines have now taken 78.0.268.3  but sadly now both have a rendering issue. Look at https://www.theregister.co.uk/

Boxes around the story headlines are elongated vertically and scrolling is very lumpy. Site is fine on legacy edge or Chrome

@josh_bodner 

Good to know it was a false alarm :)

@josh_bodner i am seeing a message that my organization has turned off sync.  How do I turn it on for my organization?