*Updated* Dev channel build 77.0.211.3 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders!  Today we released build 77.0.211.3 to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel.  We’ve got some new features, many of which you’ve seen over the past two weeks in Canary and have been eagerly waiting for in Dev.  We’ve also fixed quite a few reliability and behavior issues, the most significant of which include: 

We have added a single fix from to the .2 release, a fix to the Add Profile button so that it works by default even if you don't change the name of the profile.

New features and behavior: 

• Enable secure receipt of payment card data.
  • Enable Application Reputation from SmartScreen by default
  • Fix to support Dolby audio on Windows 8.
  • Family safety feature has a flag in edge://flags.
  • Direct launch for ClickOnce applications has been enabled.
  • Support for HEVC decoder has been added.
  • Enable Windows Defender Application Guard by default
  • Now we sort extensions into “From Microsoft Store” and “From other store” categories
  • Added “Recent” category in History management page
  • Disabled InPrivate browsing for profiles managed by Family Settings
  • Added tracking prevention under a flag in edge://flags.
  • Added ability to Save pages as MHTML from reading view
  • Work to support single sign on (SSO) and Azure Active Directory (AAD) 
  • Localization into 11 languages (more coming)
  • Enabling SmartScreen on macOS by default
  • Enabling SafeSearch functionality for all Bing searches.
  • Support for keyboard shortcuts for extensions.

Fixes for improved reliability: 

• Fix for TouchBar on macOS when in YouTube fullscreen mode.
  • Multiple fixes to sync engine
  • Improved the crash reporting and uploading
  • Fixed a crash on URL load
  • Fixed an error when sync was turned off and on repeatedly.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to write to a read only date attribute
  • Fixed a crash when moving tab between two windows on separate screens.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when sync occurred before sign-on completed
  • Fixed a crash that occurs on some navigation requests.
  • Fixed a crash on pop-up windows
  • Fixed crash on launch of Microsoft Edge of macOS Sierra and High Sierra versions
  • Enabled ability to automatically repair extensions by default.
  • Fixed an issue with guest more support on privacy and services settings page.
  • Fixed crash on launch of Microsoft Edge of macOS

Fixes for improved behavior: 

• Improvements to dark mode in various controls and pages
  • Select the last used Chrome profile by default when importing from Chrome.
  • Move multiple controls to Fluent UI
  • Improve the cleanup logic in the installer
  • Limit New Tab Page content for Education SKUs and Windows 10s.
  • Fixes to new WebView control rendering
  • Fixes for importing defaults from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer
  • Fixes for Reading View toolbar
  • Fixes for importing pinned tabs and settings during First Run Experience
  • Fix to use user preference for font size rather than preset default.
  • Automatically move keyboard focus to address bar after First Run Experience
  • Fixed the swipe gesture for History on macOS
  • Fixed the sync icon badge on the user flyout.
  • Audio offload fixes to improve performance and battery life.

In addition to this work, there has been a ton of work on coming features including enterprise management and IE-mode.  And of course, thanks to everybody for being an insider and sending us all of your great feedback and suggestions!   

106 Replies
Middle mouse button or ctrl-left-mouse button do the same thing.
I don't know if this bug was already present before, but switching a youtube video to fullscreen (and back to normal) is really slow. It takes about 3 seconds to fully "expand". Works fine in Opera, basically instantly.

@Elliot Kirk 

Read Aloud option doesn't appear in PDFs. 

@ex-jedi

Why are so many people missing the old folder colour? They were a pain and didn't stand out from regular bookmarks enough. I'm really glad to see them coloured normally now.

My main gripe with Chromium Edge now is just that it doesn't look enough like Edge. Those squared edges look cool in the main app - I'd like to see them in the Chromium version as well. Oh, and the super slick smooth scrolling needs to come across too.

@BrynB 

because to me, the yellow folder looks dated. Like I said, it's not the end of the world, I just prefer the old folder icon.

I agree 100% with your second point. The "old" Edge looks so much better. The main/top part of the browser is not as tall, the URL bar is perfectly sized (the new one is HUGE), there are no Fluent elements etc. I absolutely love the new context menu design though (I believe this will be the default context menu design for the whole OS in the future).

Smooth scrolling in the old Edge is also the definition of perfection and thankfully, it's coming to the new Edge as well (scroll down a bit to the blue row): https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/welcome

When will you guys be working on the "my feed" section that appears when using the "informational layout" for new tabs?

I would like to request the ability to customize this section, similar to what google does, on a card by car basis, with no particular news aggregate set as default.

I just tested the SSO with Azure AD with one of my Enterprise Applications and it is prompting for a password.  Are their any setting that need to be set for this to work?

Yellow folders are very welcome, they existed in the old Edge and it makes totally sense to have them here as well, old folders were too Chrome-esque, and the less this browser looks like a Google product, the better

@Elliot Kirk I would love to test AAD integration with SSO and an enterprise account. but if I log off with my private account and want to re-login -- I dont get any other option than "personal MS account".

how to I enter my company account from AAD?

thx

@MarsMas You can also just ctrl + click on a favorite (at least in the toolbar) and the link will open in a new tab.

@Elliot Kirk  Still having issues with extensions crashing, manly lastpass. 

LastPass CrashLastPass Crash

It doesn't matter if we use Canary or Dev, it happens in both and has done since about the 3rd update.  Whilst I understand that these are test versions, it's still annoying as I use LastPass for everything, so testing suffers due to LastPass crashing and then locking me out and I have to jump through many hoops to log back in again.

It's not only LastPass, a couple of other extensions also crash. What is strange though is that the dev and Canary versions of Google Chrome do not have this issue. The extensions on Edge are from the Microsoft store. I tried the same ones from the google extension store and the same thing happens, so it doesn't seem to matter where they are acquired.

So far, this is the only issue I've found and I really love Edge (chromium) as it just seems much better than Chrome.

very good thank you, but i do not have  a mouse middle click
Personally I Love this style of folder look... They actually look like folders and not some half done after thought design to represent a folder........

But, that is just my20censworth
Dennis5mile

There's a tile on the main landing page about dark mode, but can't seem to find the feature anywhere in settings. Am I missing something? @Elliot Kirk 

Awesome on the latest features and behaviors. 

The biggest needs for our agency is SSO and for the ability to be able to digitally sign pdfs in Edge browser with piv/smartcards.  If this became an option to digitally sign pdfs in edge, then we would dump adobe dc/adobe reader in a heartbeat.   @Elliot Kirk 

Dark mode is tied to the windows theme settings right now. So if you set the theme to dark, Edge will also use the dark theme. In the canary version, you can already switch between the light/dark theme directly in Edge.
When can I use themes in the Google Web Store?

@Elliot Kirk There is a bug with Netflix where it has extreme stutters with full screen. Hardware doesn't seem to matter.

Windows 10 Pro build 1809
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: RX Vega 64
RAM: 32GB

Thank you
he probado el navegador en la mayoría de características y complementos hasta el momento no me ha dado falla alguna, consume poca ram y su interfaz es muy limpia y minimalista, seria bueno que en idiomas fuera un poco mas fácil configurar el idioma ya que hay usuarios no ta avanzados.