SOLVED

UPDATE, now Fixed! Websites no longer loading with latest Canary update

Silver Contributor

There are absolutely NO websites that will load after this last update for Canary.  I Have no idea what the update version is, because that page will not load..  Can not even send feedback as it is not working either.

fail.png

Dennis5mile

33 Replies
best response confirmed by Dennis5mile (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Dennis5mile Thanks for that nice feedback; we certainly try our best!

And good news: the team has confirmed that affected users can expect to see this automatically resolved soon, hopefully tomorrow. So, you're welcome to sit tight and continue using an alternate build, or if you are itching to get back on Canary today, you can re-download it. :)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

I can confirm right now that Can is up and running again. I am typing this reply from Can.. Version 84.0.500.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Also, there was no downlaod needed, just started Can and poof it worked! 

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile That's great to hear!

Interestingly, you seem to be in a small percentage of folks who encountered the issue, then saw it fixed within the same version. If you are open to submitting feedback and diagnostic data for this, feel free to include "Fawkes" in the description, so I can tell our team to keep an eye out for it.

Fawkes (they/them)

Done, feedback sent with Diag and pics/screenshots attached..

Dennis5mile

@Deleted 

Has there been an update to push us past .499?

I have 2 different scenarios. On the laptop that had the broken .500

an uninstall and new download gave me a working .500.

On the Desktop that stayed at .499 it's stuck there.

An uninstall and new download still gave me .499.

@CrazyKats 

Canary just updated to .502 for me.

@ms4132 

Same here, both .499 and .500 updated to .502.

.499  just updated to .502

@ms4132@Pete_FFC

Yeah, everyone should be on Version 84.0.502.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) now.... If not, then send in a Bug/feedback... Mine updated to .500 yesterday evening, then to 502 today....

Dennis5mile

@CrazyKats Yes, everyone is correct! We just pushed 84.0.502.0 to Canary, so you should be getting that shortly if you haven't yet. :)

Fawkes (they/them)

@Dennis5mile 

So this appears to be happening again on the latest canary build :)

I do not have his problem with update, Version 99.0.1128.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit). Send in an in-browser feedback....

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile  99.0.1128.0 error: STATUS_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION

me too, cant open any pages