Uninstall Button for Edge Chromium is greyed out. Is it intentional?

Iron Contributor
31 Replies
@ronbok You said Chromium. Then don't use Chrome, Firefox, or anything.

@Wittycat 

@Wittycat wrote:

@HotCakeX Totally true, i remember back in day some script who removed forcefully edge legacy, their are thinked all worked well but one day one security update as fail and all the os as break in one minor update.

So i too totally don't recommend to remove it force fully

oh yes. people use all kinds of stupid 3rd stuff and then blame it on Windows.

there were tools that claimed to "block Windows spying" and people use that crap and then screw up their OS and computer, then think Windows 10 has problem. it's totally ridiculous

And the funny thing in these third party software (i have tried one just for check what doing exactly these software in a VM), and i have found that 1 of 3 most used software tried to add a a news key in the regedit to open a port on the computer.

So you literally open you computer to an anonymous person for disable somethin you can disable yourself in settings.
Yes thats why i hope winget will be a success, like that we can update win32 software from it, and have a Microsoft member who check the submission like on other Microsoft store.

Too many software do like they was a good guy in shining armor to protect you from the bad guy and when you check they are worse than the one they "protect" you.

Yeah definitely auto-update using Winget would be awesome.
I've read that it's in progress, not available yet. https://github.com/microsoft/winget-cli/issues/120

I use this website to find software from Winget repository https://winstall.app/

but I'm sure it will succeed, because Linux is using the same thing and it's working for them.

@Wittycat 

Looks like app update is implemented 

gfdgfd.png

https://github.com/microsoft/winget-cli/releases

unfortunately I can't test it right now because no update available for my installed apps

yeah thanks, i wait win-get to reach the "normal" windows (like an optional feature) to be tested by more user, but when my rare win 32 app will be on it (Gimp, VSCode, Edge, discord steam etc) i will happily forbid installation of external EXE on windows and it will be a great day for the security ^^
But little question about that, i know uwp "isolate" they data, winget will do the same ?
Because i love the isolation uwp and actual store app provide.

@Wittycat 

UWP isolate their data, true, but Winget is the method of acquiring apps. the apps can be UWP or Win32. if you use Winget to install UWP then it will have the UWP features. if you use Winget to get Win32 apps then they are installed normally.

also you can install Winget on Windows 10 stable from Github, and report any bug you find, so far that i'm working with it it's pretty stable.

by the way, the apps you mentioned are all on Winget repository (i just checked with Winget search "program name" :)

yes i will test that but i just hope Microsoft will find a way with "project reunions" to implement the data isolation even on win32 app with winget installator.
Because when winget will work, i doubt UWP (even the most used) will survive to their win32 version
Yeah I'm really looking forward to project reunion too.
it has few core functionalities: .NET framework 5 (just released), WebView 2 (released 1-2 weeks ago) and WinUI 3 (soon to be released).
can't wait to see what's next