Unable to log in edge

Copper Contributor

I am using win10[version1903],When I open the edge,click the login button in the top left corner, and the pop-up login window will close automatically,without any error message.the system also has the old edge, whether it conflicts with edge dev and can not log in?

18 Replies
Hi,
do you have any screenshots?
The window closes instantly and cannot be screenshotd

@HotCakeXI captured a gif image to reproduce the problem

I have experienced a similar behaviour except that the login windows closes so fast that I can barely see it at all...

See my post on this matter here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Enterprise/Cannot-sign-in-to-personal-account/m-p/795106/high...

Thanks,

Jens

@Jens_SiebertI also installed and used Google Chrome, but now I uninstalled it. This is the same situation as you, but still there is no solution?

@okman1555 

Thanks for the Gif,

- Is it possible that the connection for the login is being blocked?
like maybe the Fiddler and its "windows app container" feature is messing with Windows connections?

Annotation 2019-09-27 102533.png

- are you logged in to your Windows 10 using an online Microsoft account or a local offline account?

1. I closed fiddler and the problem still exists.
2, I am a corporate employee, using the domain account to log in win10
Is it possible that your SysAdmin disabled this feature for your computer?
have you ever been able to login to your Edge insider browser? if you have, when was the last time?

@HotCakeX 

I tried to open the xbox console assistant and clicked the login button to jump out of the login window without automatic shutdown. In my opinion, this login window and the login window opened in the edge should be the same one?

I downloaded using edge dev for a while and started thinking it was dev
Version of the bug, but tried many times to log in, has not been successful

@okman1555 

Yes I assume they use the same functionality,

but I didn't quite understand when you said "login window without automatic shutdown",

does the xbox app cause system shut down for you?

@HotCakeX xbox Normal pop-up login window,The attached gif shows my operation

@okman1555 

@okman1555 wrote:
I downloaded using edge dev for a while and started thinking it was dev
Version of the bug, but tried many times to log in, has not been successful

I'm sure something is preventing/blocking that login page from appearing on your system, just have to find out what.

- Is it possible that Microsoft accounts are blocked in China? I know Google is but not sure about Microsoft.

- are you able to use sync features in Edge classic?

1, my windows account can be used normally in China
2, windows synchronization function seems to be somewhat restricted, the red text of the screenshot means: "Only when you use a Microsoft account or work account, some windows features are available"

Microsoft Edge 2019_9_27 15_39_37.png
3, xbox account can log in

When I can only log in using the company's internal AD domain account, the windows synchronization function is disabled by the system. In this case, edge dev cannot log in. Is there a solution?

Yes of course,
whoever is controlling your domain and AD server, they must allow clients (like your computer) to use login and sync features.
maybe there is an old group policy related to the classic Edge or Windows which is blocking the Edge insider's login page, or they are intentionally blocking that feature.
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/enterprise

You can try logging into your computer from a non-domain account to see if the problem still happens or not. or use another computer to test the Edge insider login.

Yes, my computer is restricted to use the company's AD domain account to log in. I tried my Windows account and can't log in. Is there any way to deal with it?
You can ask your system administrator, your boss, whoever is in charge of managing servers and tell them about this problem, ask them whether this is an intentional move or not.
you can test this by installing Edge insider on another computer that you own, maybe a Windows tablet, a personal laptop or PC at home.