unable to change search engine for the address-bar

Iron Contributor

I tried to change the standard search engine of the address-bar to Google, but failed:

Edge uses always Bing, despite 'Google' is the search engine marked as default in the settings! Even when I delete Bing, Bing is used nevertheless!

Resetting all settings to default also had no result. Curious is, that after resetting to default, 'Google' remains a defined search-engine!

Also strange: everything works OK on my Windows 10 Pro, the error exists on my Windows 10 Home system.

42 Replies

@sambul95 @Deleted et al

I missed whether y'all are talking in regard to Dev or Canary.  This will not do as expected, presently, in Canary.  However, in Dev, changed from Bing to google in settings... NTP using the address bar or the search bar, searched using google. The issue is not, currently in  Dev only, Canary.  And it has been reported to Mr Smiley which, all can/should do, still; more reporting the better.

Update:

This issue has been rectified as of Version 78.0.246.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
Please, update Canary Builds.

This is the value of reporting things.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Jonathan Lee 

Thank you! We're on top of it and should be fixed in today or tomorrow's build.

@jessemMSFT 

Jess,

It IS, indeed, (already) fixed as of today, Version 78.0.246.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg