SOLVED

UI bug in Version 81.0.370.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

17 Replies

@HotCakeX 

Bug or not, it looks better bolded in like how it was for edge classic. They should keep it this way, paint it blue, and then call it a day.

@viewdeal2019 

the new design is this

fdsfsdf.png

gfdgf.png

@HotCakeX 

And it would look better if they changed it to make it look closer to edge classic.

Uhh mm maybe, in my opinion it would look a lot better if the UI was transparent/acrylic

@HotCakeX Same here.

Moreover, The cursor in URL bar lags behinds when typing very fast.

Then comes back after one blink. (See video in attachment)

@Maan2003 

Yes that also began in .370

@HotCakeX It does not respond to TOUCH at all

@Maan2003 

@Maan2003 wrote:

@HotCakeX It does not respond to TOUCH at all

the address bar (omnibox) ?

So Edge canary doesn't work with touch inputs at all?
which device are you using?

@HotCakeX I am using RD Client/Microsoft Remote Desktop on android

Mouse mode work but touch doesn't work in edge

I think it's better to open a new topic for that because it gets lost in here since the title of this post is different.

for reference, this is how it is supposed to look like, this picture is from Version 80.0.361.9 (Official build) DEV (64-bit)

fdfdsf.png

And this is from Version 81.0.375.0 (Official build) Canary (64-bit)

gdfgfdgdf.png

@HotCakeX Thanks, HotCake. I've passed this on to the right team. Keep an eye out for today's update to see if it gets fixed and give me an update on that. I'll send word to the team your update so they have the latest information. :)

Side note: I wanted to ensure you knew that there will be no Canary update on 1/1 for that holiday, but you should expect updates the other days. Please continue to keep an eye out for issues daily, as you do. ;)

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Sure, Thank you very much! :)
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@HotCakeX I know it's been a while since this was A Thing(TM), but closing this out I see not only the pill image has been fixed, but it's also now blue. This goes all the way up to Beta channel now.

MissyQ_0-1582652521768.png

*insert happy dance*

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@HotCakeX I know it's been a while since this was A Thing(TM), but closing this out I see not only the pill image has been fixed, but it's also now blue. This goes all the way up to Beta channel now.

MissyQ_0-1582652521768.png

*insert happy dance*

View solution in original post