Transparent theme for the browser

Deleted
Not applicable

Transparent theme for the browser frame just like classic edge to fit the windows 10 environment.

14 Replies
I like the Transparent theme for Microsoft Launcher on Android, It looks pretty smart. Bringing the "new" Chromium-based Edge back in-line with the visual effects of Fluent Design Language, such as Acrylic, seems pretty important for a 1.0 stable release, IMHO. Other opinions?
In this discussion
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Acrylic-title-bar/m-p/509231

people mentioned that is wouldn't be possible because the new Edge is Win32 program whereas the classic Edge is UWP and had access to different resources.

i hope to get an official comment on this matter from Microsoft.
There are many 3rd party softwares in market which have acrylic blur in their apps , If they can do it, I believe Microsoft can do it as well (actually much better)

@Deleted @HotCakeX @scrbl 

Thank you all for the input! To give you some insight: this is a known request and is part of ongoing consideration between our devs and designers. However, we'll definitely let you know if/when there are any public updates.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thank you!
Well, I hope they choose to FIX that inadequacy.
Me too, the solid color sucks for us coming from the beautiful acrylic theme of Edge legacy
Waiting for it.

We're all waiting.

For now, I'm using Chrome themes from the Chrome Web Store, and it looks good to me.

Capture.PNG

Hi, can you please post a link for the Theme or at least reply with the Theme Name and Dev?

Thanks In Advance!

@scrbl wrote:
Hi, can you please post a link for the Theme or at least reply with the Theme Name and Dev?

Thanks In Advance!

Hi @scrbl 
This particular one is a custom theme that I made from scratch using https://www.themebeta.com/chrome-theme-creator-online.html
This tool allows you to create your own custom themes, or you can browse through thousands of Chrome themes that have been designed by other users. 

That's nice, I hope Microsoft can update their store so that every user can upload the custom theme they create in their profile, just like in Firefox store where you can upload the theme you create so others can use it too.