Tracking prevention on Android Edge

Steel Contributor

I think Tracking prevention is probably the best and most important feature in Edge at the moment. Is it going to be coming to Edge for Android? I really hope so! (apologies if this has already been addressed) 

4 Replies
I think instead of Tracking prevention on Android, they just swap the useless adblock plus in Edge with ublock origin and that will take care of everything. because ublock origin is more powerful than Edge's tracking prevention on strict, it also doesn't break websites as much.

@Bdsrev I would like to see this too. At the moment I use Firefox on desktop and mobile due to:

1. Its tracking prevention (I am also using Privacy Badger)
  2. The ease with which I can send tabs to other devices on both desktop and mobile. I know this is possible by jumping through some hoops on Edge for the desktop (setting up the "your phone" app etc)

I could probably live with 2 if 1 were addressed, but whether there is any compelling reason for me to switch to Edge permanently is yet to be seen.

@Bdsrev and @Peter Taylor, thanks for reaching out. The good news is that it's on its way! However, we don't have a firm rollout date yet. (It's something that I'm looking forward to as well.)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted @Bdsrev @Peter Taylor 

Hi, I just updated my Edge beta on Android and in the change log says Tracking Prevention is added:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/where-is-tracking-prevention-in-edge-beta-for-android/td-p/1194507