Touchpad scrolling is a problem

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

Since I am using Edge Chromium, I have been experiencing this context menu open issue each time I tried to scroll to something. This especially happens when the scroll reaches its limit. To make this issue to be investigated easily, I used Windows Steps recorder for your convenience. Please see the zip file for details. Any ideas for this issue? 

5 Replies

Hi @Bura_Chuhadar, I am sorry that you are having this problem.  I will tell our platform team about it.  Can you please answer a couple of questions so that I can better understand your scenario?

1) What touchpad driver are you using?

2) Does your touchpad support multitouch?

3) Are you doing a two finger scroll gesture?

The answers to these questions will help us better understand what is going on.

Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk thank you very much for reaching out.

1- My laptop is using Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver version 19.5.35.46. 

2- Yes it does support multi touch.

3- Yes I am using the two finger scroll gesture.

I am happy to provide more if necessary (dxdiag file if you need it). This issue is not happening for example if I use Chrome only, I am only experiencing this on Edge Chromium.

@Bura_Chuhadar 

I've been having this same issue for about two-three weeks now. This scrolling issue is only present in edge chromium, other apps/programs are not affected. The issue occurs when I do a two finger scroll, and then when I try to move the cursor after that - the context menu pops up. 

@Elliot Kirk 

I'm having the exact same issue on my HP Envy X360. Secondary menu opens when fingers resting on Touchpad or when completing scrolling movements. The right-click menu just pops-up. 

It's NOT a driver or Touchpad issue because it is only happening on Edge applications (all three versions). The bug does not appear in Chrome, Edge (regular version), or Firefox, and does not appear in any "non-browser" app.  BUT, it also appears in Edge Canary and Beta issues, so THIS IS AN EDGE ISSUE. Edge is not playing nicely with HP touchpads on Windows 10 

@Elliot Kirk 

I have just disabled two-finger clicking and it no longer works in any app - except Edge Dev. For some reason, even though the gesture has been disabled at a higher level, Edge Dev still picks up the two finger tap and displays the alternate-click menu all of the time.