Touch Support for the New Edge

Copper Contributor

Hey guys! I've got Edge Dev installed and it's pretty much working great - except when I use my Surface Pro 5 as a tablet. I really think there should be some improvement regarding touch. Please use the same interface as Microsoft Edge has when in tablet mode - when I hold my finger on the screen, a square that pops up, then a menu seconds after so I know when to release my finger from the screen. Then, please space the menu accordingly. Also, I've been experiencing the issue that when I am on YouTube, and search something with my touch keyboard, and exit the keyboard, when I scroll down, there is a black box on the screen where my keyboard used to be. 

clipboard_image_0.png

Is this normal? Or can I fix it? If it's a bug, please patch it!

Thanks!

3 Replies

Totally agree with everything you say @PolarBear12342 

Nothing beats classic Edge in terms of touch support. 
Also, I have the same problem with the on-screen touch keyboard leaving an area in the bottom corner of the screen that hides things under. 

@Faris-Jayyousi Indeed, I have the same problem with the keyboard leaving a blank space where it used to be. I posted about that and submitted feedback but it would appear not a lot of people use the onscreen keyboard, so it has gone unnoticed. 

It's definitely not normal..