This page is having problems

Bronze Contributor

Hello

With the latest version (106.0.1349.0), on outlook.com for example, I have the message "This page is having problems"

Not seen any problem with other web pages (but tested very little time)

14 Replies

@tistou Looks like it could be a bit different for some people, for me pages like Google, Reddit, Pixiv, Anilist are crashing with error code STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION but outlook.com works fine for me.

Version 106.0.1349.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

I started seeing this today with Version 106.0.1349.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit).

I found that turning Enhanced Security off and back on fixed it for one site at a time, but going to Settings and turning the Security setting for "Enhance your security on the web" off and back on seems to have fixed it overall.

Where is this option?
I couldn't find it (or already disabled)

Thanks

EDIT : Found and this option is disabled

these day canary always give me some surprises...
not long ago two canary versions just totally crashed
with this version, the chinese search engine www.baidu.com can't be used to search anything, or it will "have problems", and even the New Tab goes wrong...
though canary has risks, it doesn't mean all of us should be buried in the mine :(
Now I have found out that the Disable/Enable does not fix it for every site. I still have it enabled, but I changed my setting from Strict to Balanced and it seems to be working, so far.
Thanks @ms4132. Balanced seems to do the trick, at least for today

Just wanted to add this is also happening to me, getting a lot of STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION but the sites it's affecting seem to be random. Was happening with Reddit and Twitter, now they are both working fine, but now it's happening with Outlook.com.

Clearing the cache seems to work for a while, but the error eventually comes back.

If it's random, it might be hard to solve.
I reverted to the previous version, no more problems :lol:

@tistou

How do you reverted to a previous version?

@Beezle_Bug 

I always back up the "Application" directory (when Canary has no problem) just in case

@tistou
Thank you. A good advice.

There's luckily a really easy fix for this:  just clear your cached files and images:

josh_bodner_0-1660610146508.png

I had tried with a new installation and still the problem with Outlook.com (webmail) ;)
I have this problem with the last version (Canary) on paypal webpage for example