This needs to be said

Silver Contributor

Please, don't think me arrogant or pompous if I speak candidly, but, I feel this needs to be said.  I read through the comments in here.  SO much repeats what's missing.  And, yes, there is heaps missing. BUT... that, actually, misses the point or points to the larger point that is being missed... Talking about the thing as if it is a finished piece of work.  It isn't, at all.  All the missing stuff is known and coming. It's not productive to say, "This stinks", when 'this' is a little kid becoming an adult. We are supposed to be helping it grow into the adult we can admire; as opposed to finding fault w/ the adult the little kid has not YET become.  The challenge is to know what is timely to discuss (or critique) and what comments are pre-mature, untimely & pretty much misguided or misapplied.  Anyway, don't lose sight of the fact that this is not a finished product we are viewing & discussing.  It oft seems people are talking as if it is and that is counter-productive.  We want what we have, NOW, in Edge.  Fine to have something technicly good whilst not loosing features & functionality we, already, like & use. Most Folks likely agree, add good stuff, but, don't toss any good stuff, either.

We are, actually, in a fairly early development stage w/ this. The missing stuff is blatantly obvious or conspicuous by its absence. We all know what those things are; so does the Build Team.  We should, mostly, forcus on what we see, at any given moment along the way and beyond that, have patience Grasshopper 🦗... frustrating as that may be ;)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

PS: Here there is Bold & Italic, but, no Underline.  However, if you do want to underline something here, highlight it & hit Ctrl+u :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: 

6 Replies
Thank you fro this reminder Drew. We are working to bring more changes to the preview channels as quickly as we can.
Well said!

Dennis5mile

@Drew1903 That's the problem with large scale beta testing, lots of useless feedback. If you look at the feedback hub on W10 you'll see lots of these. Heck, sometimes people even send feedback about stuff that it's not even Microsoft's responsibility, like support to certain apps or hardware.

@Muriel_Mondadori 

Muriel,

I will just say there were/are pros & cons to offering the beta OS Builds to all people.  I'll leave it at that, although, there benifits likely outweigh the negatives, in the long run.

And there are always those who replace the OS in their one & only computer with a beta Build...

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 Agreed, in the long run it's worth it to have a public beta, but it's still annoying seeing people that can't differentiate a beta version from a final version.

@Muriel_Mondadori 

Muriel, you made me laugh!  I've written in a number of tech forums for a while.  Seems every time we've had a new OS, that offered 'Previews' ;) to all people, there's been the challenge of responing to those who had put it (instead) in their daily-driver, their "production machine"... and the punchline, they only owed one computer.  OR the beta testers who ran RTMs thinking they could/would go forever.

Yes, I sure know what you mean!

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg